- Water Modeller role
- Temporary full-time opportunity until 30 June 2022, located in Parramatta
- Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $92,788 to $116,531+ super
Our Water Group is currently seeking to appoint a Water Modeller to contribute to water management policy and planning in NSW. In this role, you will also undertake groundwater and/or hydrologic analysis to provide reliable policy advice and information.
You will have solid experience delivering groundwater and/or hydrologic models relating to water resources, along with translating complex analysis to simplified language.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with strong prioritisation skills to join a dedicated and highly regarded team and drive policy implementation and development within deadlines. We also offer career development and advancement opportunities.
- Degree level qualifications in Engineering, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or a related discipline
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following hydrologic disciplines: water resources management modelling, hydrogeology and groundwater modelling. catchment process modelling, statistics, computer programming, application of spatial modelling.
- Awareness of the strengths and limitations of relevant analytical techniques, such as models, and data
- Experience in assessing the suitability of groundwater and/or hydrologic model outputs for natural resource management requirements
- Knowledge of the NSW Government’s natural resource management agenda
For more information read the full Role Description: Water Modeller
For more information hit Apply to visit the www.iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Wednesday 8 September 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Richard Beecham via [email protected]
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.