CDP (formerly Carbon Disclosure Project) is an independent not-for-profit organization, with the mission to combat climate change. According to Harvard Business Review, CDP is maybe “the most important environmental NGO you’ve never heard of”. The exchange of information with institutional investors and big corporations on environmental issues, the support of companies in their reporting of environmental information to CDP, the evaluation of the data being reported in terms of its transparency and performance, as well as the publication of scoring results at CDP events are key components of CDP.
In your role as Project Officer (m/f), you will familiarize yourself with our scoring methodology and the aforementioned key components in order to help bring vital environmental parameters into the heart of large investment and purchasing decisions. You will assist companies with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the long road to mitigating climate change. Further, you will support the CDP Europe Team in the creative direction of our flagship events and the cooperation with partner organizations and governments. You will work in coordination with the Senior Project Office DACH Region, and will become part of a lively and dedicated team in Berlin.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting companies disclosing information to the CDP Europe Teams
- Co-creation, organization, completion and follow-up of important CDP Events in continental Europe
- Supporting the design and coordination of regional CDP Reports in the Europe Team
- Analyzing current issues
- Working with program teams in London
- Managing your own smaller projects
- University degree in preferably business administration and/ or sustainable development or comparable education/work experience
- Passionate about Sustainable Development and connected topics, such as Climate Change, Water Management and Forest protection
- A first experience in the organization of events
- Meticulousness in event management
- A creative, innovative spirit, as well as a good judgment
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- A high level of commitment, reliable and independent work under pressure, flexibility and resilience
- A strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in teams
- Highly competent spoken and written English, other language skills beneficial.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, Microsoft, CRM.
CDP Europe is part of the CDP worldwide network, an international, not-for-profit organization providing the only global system for companies and cities to measure, disclose, manage and share vital environmental information. CDP works with market forces, including 827 institutional investors with assets of over €95 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. More than 5,500 companies worldwide, of which nearly 1,800 in Europe, disclosed environmental information through CDP in 2015. CDP now holds the largest collection globally of primary climate change, water and forest risk commodities information and puts these insights at the heart of strategic business, investment and policy decisions.
Benefits: The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the EU. We offer a competitive NGO salary, an annual bonus, and 30 days of holiday.
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying, please complete the following form: Link
Please also send your applications documents in English, including your salary expectation and desired starting date. Your application documents should be sent as one PDF file to Jacqueline Albers, Senior Project Officer, [email protected], +49 (0)30 629 033 168 with the subject line reading “Application: Project Officer Europe – First name Last name”.
Closing date for applications is Friday, the 12 September, 2016