Account Manager (Supply Chain)
CDP is seeking a dedicated individual with skill-sets in supply chain strategy, sales and leadership to join CDP's North America Supply Chain team.
- Expanding membership of CDP's supply chain program by establishing, maintaining and leveraging relationships with relevant sustainability and procurement managers in major corporations and other purchasing entities.
- Providing effective relationship management to CDP supply chain member companies by developing and executing strategic plans to integrate CDP requests and environmental criteria into key purchasing decisions;
- Fulfilling the membership objectives set by CDP's supply chain program including hosting meetings, workshops, trainings and external communications while executing and expanding supplier disclosure and incorporating CDP scores and data into member company procurement decisions;
- Understanding and leveraging synergies between CDP disclosing companies, CDP's reporter services program and CDP's supply chain program; and
- Providing creative input into the development and refining of supply chain program presentations, brochures and marketing materials, as well as overall program delivery/strategy, in partnership with the global CDP supply chain team.
- Independent, self-starter with a proven track record in business development/sales;
- Experience in procurement and/or supply chain management at large companies a benefit;
- A passionate desire to contribute to solving one of the world's major problems - climate change;
- Strong networking, negotiation and communication skills;
- Proven skills in public speaking and collaboration with corporations and industry working groups;
- Interest/knowledge in understanding climate change related issues from a business and supply chain perspective;
- Interest/knowledge in greenhouse gas accounting and water management issues particularly concerning supply chain analysis and supply chain sustainability;
- Analytical and research skills with a love for details and focus on actionable data;
- Ability to work in a multi-national team with virtual communication across multiple time zones; and
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Advanced Excel skills not required but beneficial.
The successful candidate will work 5 days per week and must be able to work legally in the USA. The role is located at our offices in Chelsea, New York City.
Interested candidates should send a copy of their resume with a cover letter outlining their suitability for the role to George Hodge at email@example.com with "Supply Chain Account Manager" and your name in the subject line.
Application deadline: September 15, 2016