WORK WITH US
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 69 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. Visit www.nature.org/about-us to learn more.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
The Program Assistant plays a key role in the Center for Sustainability Science team as the primary team coordinator and administrative support, while also contributing research and analysis to applied science projects.
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in more than 35 countries, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Center for Sustainability Science at The Nature Conservancy provides science leadership to create transformational impact with the business sector and governments, by translating the value of nature and conservation approaches into actionable, science-based strategies that can help solve societal challenges. Companies and governments are increasingly recognizing nature’s value and the benefit of nature-based strategies, but often they do not have the tools and data to build them into their own decisions. The new Center for Sustainability Science aims to help fill this critical gap. The Center works hand-in-hand with public and private sector decision-makers to co-create solutions, drawing on TNC’s grounded experience and expertise around the world and the global scale of our strategies and partnerships.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks in support of the strategic priorities of the Center for Sustainability Science. Responsibilities include scheduling and coordination of logistics for team meetings and special events, purchasing, central filing, budgeting, coordination of team communications, and calendar management for the Managing Director. In addition, the Program Assistant builds relationships with key support teams across the organization and contracted partners, to aid in processing forms, invoices and expense reports, managing contracts, and monitoring and preparing budgets. S/he will also respond to inquiries about program activities, maintain the Center’s intranet site, and play a role in developing internal and external communications for the Center. S/he reports to the Managing Director of the Center.
The Program Assistant will also directly contribute to project work of the Center. This may include performing literature reviews, basic spatial analysis, and aggregating and summarizing tabular data. S/he will also contribute to and support the preparation of publications including scientific manuscripts, blogs, and reports.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Act independently on assigned tasks and exercise independent judgment based on analysis and experience.
- Supporting strategic planning, grant and program management, and project implementation activities
- Managing multiple project activities and coordinating staff to meet objectives
- Developing constructive and effective working relationships inside and outside the Conservancy
- Ensuring that all grant and project deliverables and contracts are in compliance with all grant requirements and internal policies and procedures
- Managing team meetings, coordination, and workshops or other events
- Undertaking content research and support to advance work product deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in conservation science related field and 2 years experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
- Experience compiling information from divergent sources and synthesizing it into a cohesive report.
- Experience in writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience working across teams and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience with planning and supporting strategies, managing multiple project activities, and coordinating staff to meet goals.
- Experience with research in conservation science, corporate sustainability or related fields.
- Experience with GIS systems, analysis, and tools.
- Experience coordinating complex projects in a decentralized organization, working across teams, operating units and functions to achieve optimal results.
- Experience with formal project management techniques.
- Self-starting, independent worker who can thrive in a decentralized organization with minimal oversight and take initiative to support project goals with key internal and external partners.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, and attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 44542, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on September 8, 2016.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact [email protected] *LI-NC1 The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of *The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.*
Job Title: Program Assistant, Center for Sustainability Science
Job ID: 44542
Full/Part Time: Full-Time