Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the USAID Indonesia Urban Resilient Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (IUWASH Tangguh) activity. This Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s development goals in increasing access to safely managed drinking water, sanitation and hygiene in Indonesia’s vulnerable urban areas and strengthening climate-resilient WASH services and water resources management. The DCOP/ Operations will play an integral role in the management and operational oversight of the program. The individual will oversee all aspects of the IUWASH Tangguh Activity’s operations, including administration, finance, procurement, and human resources. Chemonics is looking for individuals with knowledge of Indonesia and experience in managing programs of similar size and scope.
The activity has four objectives:
- Strengthened WASH and WRM sector governance and financing
- Increased access to poor-inclusive, climate-resilient safely managed drinking water and sanitation services
- Improved WRM to support climate-resilient drinking water services
- Increased adoption of behaviors and improved women’s participation and leadership that contribute to improvements to WASH and WRM outcomes
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant project management and program coordination experience and/or a master’s degree in international development or a related field
- Experience in Indonesia highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in grants under contract, finance, procurement, and human resources and experience overseeing these areas
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience facilitating communications and coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English and strong written and oral communications skills required
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to [email protected]. The deadline to submit applications August 31st, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.