Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the USAID Indonesia Urban Resilient Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (IUWASH Tangguh) activity. This Activity seeks to advance Indonesia’s development goals in increasing access to safely managed drinking water, sanitation and hygiene in Indonesia’s vulnerable urban areas and strengthening climate-resilient WASH services and water resources management. The chief of party (COP) is responsible for providing the overall strategic direction, managerial, and technical leadership to ensure the achievement of the Statement of Objectives (SOO) to ensure project success. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
The activity has four objectives:
- Strengthened WASH and WRM sector governance and financing
- Increased access to poor-inclusive, climate-resilient safely managed drinking water and sanitation services
- Improved WRM to support climate-resilient drinking water services
- Increased adoption of behaviors and improved women’s participation and leadership that contribute to improvements to WASH and WRM outcomes
- Master’s degree or higher in engineering, public health, business, behavioral science, natural resource management, or other related fields
- At least 15 years of demonstrated technical expertise in WASH, with substantial developing country context
- At least 7 years of demonstrated experience in a management position in international WASH or other relevant development program context
- At least 5 years’ experience in Indonesia
- Demonstrated ability to manage a project of this magnitude and complexity
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of government, the private sector, civil society counterparts, multilateral development banks, the donor community, other United States Government agencies, and United Nation partners
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Indonesian
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly submit your application to [email protected]. The deadline to submit applications August 31st, 2021. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.