Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of WASH and direct supervision of WASH Specialist, the National UN Volunteer WASH Officer (Advocacy Support) will work with a team of experts to addresses challenges in achieving WASH universal access through the following main components:
Contribute to WASH evidence-based advocacy, evidence generation and programme monitoring efforts with the following focus (but not limited to);
- Review, draft and support compilation of UNICEF WASH initiatives, including best practices or lessons learned at sub-national (at both provincial and districts) levels, especially in the area of sanitation;
- Support the development of human interest stories or voices from the field in coordination with WASH field officers;
- Support the WASH Specialist in coordinating with BAPPENAS the planning, implementation and monitoring of the GOI-UNICEF AWP.
Support to national level coordinator forums, national events including on key initiatives
- Support the organization of regular SPG (Sanitation Partner Group) meetings including taking notes of meetings, preparing a database of ongoing sanitation programs in the country, and maintaining a repository of key studies and surveys on sanitation for the wider benefit of WASH sector stake-holders;
- Support the WASH Specialist in the areas of WASH financing and WASH Climate Resilience, with particular emphasis on operationalizing climate resilience into existing plans/programs and strategies;
- Support the WASH Specialist in coordinating the activities under the Innovation hub by participating in meetings, following up with the service provider and other stakeholders including with UNICEF colleagues
Support to SDG-6 planning process with specific contributions to the development of safely managed sanitation roadmap:
- Support to data collection, which is not limited on conducting desk review on current governments policies and strategies, as well as others’ countries best practices and lesson learned on addressing challenges in providing safely managed sanitation;
- Participate in the BAPPENAS led SDG-6 planning meetings and support the SDG-6 coordination efforts of the BAPPENAS. This includes, in collaboration with Bappenas to conduct series of discussions with relevant ministries and stakeholders, to receive inputs on specific topics as part of roadmap development.
Contribute to the preparatory process of Sector Minister’s Meeting – Sanitation and Water for All (SWA), with the following focus (but not limited to):
- Participate in regular coordination meetings with BAPPENAS, development partners and other relevant stakeholders and closely follow-up on UNICEF agreed support to the SWA;
- Support national level documentation efforts on thematic areas agreed for the SWA high level including close follow-up with UNICEF Field offices and other key national stakeholders as required;
- Support UNICEF’s contribution to the National Sanitation and Water Conference in November 2021 and participate in meetings as required
- Contribute to the implementation of SWA Mutual Accountability Mechanism and development of SWA-Results Framework including progress update on Indonesia’s commitment to SWA;
Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Required degree level
Bachelor degree or equivalent
Educational additional comments
- University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Water and/or Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance including M&E, MPH and Statistics or Epidemiology.
- At least three years of professional work experience in international development or private sector and national government and some exposure to field work experience.
- Indonesian(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise
- Geographic information systems (GIS) and remote sensing, Monitoring and evaluation, Knowledge management, archiving and documentation
Area of expertise details
- Background/familiarity with GIS and other data visualization software, WASH related engineering design, data analysis and IT skills.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
- Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile including contact details and two references and submit it. Incomplete profiles shall not be considered. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply. * Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool? First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply. Post is for National UN Volunteer assignments ONLY. This is a national UN Volunteer assignment. Therefore only nationals of above-mentioned Country and legal residents with a residency permit, the status of refugee or with the status of being stateless are eligible to apply. For further details, please clink on the link below. Application deadline: 29-08-2021