Full Job Description
Job title: Communications and Outreach Coordinator Position
Hourly Rate: $17-$20
Type: 35 hours a week, with the potential to increase if additional funding becomes available.
Currently working a hybrid schedule (combination of remote and in office). Depending on guidelines this could change
Close date: First review August 25th. Open until filled.
Start date: Mid-September
Location: Vancouver, WA
Resume and cover letter as a PDF to: Sunrise O’Mahoney, Executive Director sunrise at thewatershedalliance dot org
Subject line: Communications/outreach coordinator and your name
Benefits: Health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, 7 self-selected holidays, 3 floaters, flexible schedule with a work/life balance work culture
The Watershed Alliance is an environmental nonprofit in Clark county committed to improving our local creeks and rivers. Watershed Alliance works to educate and engage community members to be active stewards of southwest Washington’s natural legacy, with a focus on creeks, lakes, and other water bodies. We educate children and adults, while giving them hands-on opportunities to participate in the restoration and protection of waterways.
Thousands of native plants are planted with hundreds of volunteers in Clark county each year, many pounds of litter are picked up at beach cleanups each year by volunteers and hundreds of students are taught about what stormwater is and the impacts our actions have on our water.
For more information about Watershed Alliance of Southwest Washington go to our website at https://thewatershedalliance.org Follow us on Facebook or Instagram
Watershed Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and committed to building a diverse workforce. We are committed to equity as an organizational value. We encourage Black, Indigenous, People of Color, LGBTQ+ people, and people from groups who are underrepresented to apply for this opportunity.
ORGANIZATIONAL COVID-19 VACCINATION INFORMATION: Watershed Alliance requires its employees to receive the COVID-19 vaccination. Masks are required in the office at this time regardless of vaccination status. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are unable to receive the vaccine due to a medical condition or religious beliefs.
The Watershed Alliance is seeking a Communications and Outreach Coordinator to manage online communications, recruit and manage volunteers, and coordinate some programs.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Outreach and education
- Tabling (or virtual activities depending on pandemic restrictions)
- Film selection and management and attend monthly documentary film series
- Don’t Drip and Drive (program educating the public about the impacts of vehicle leaks)
- Website and social media
- Content creation (videos, social media posts, website and monthly e-newsletter)
- Volunteer management
- Back up other staff at major stewardship planting events
- Lead staff for recruiting and managing cleanups (typically beach cleanups)
- Manage neighborhood grants program (micro-grants given to the community)
- Outreach to neighborhoods o Process applications o Grant tracking
- Grassroots fundraising
- Experience managing multiple programs at the same time
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Google Drive experience
- WordPress or other website platforms experience
- Driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Need to have Facebook and Instagram accounts
- Commitment to issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Little Green Light
- SharePoint and OneDrive
- Public speaking
- Environmental background and/or knowledge
- Native plant knowledge
Watershed Alliance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection of candidates for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex or sexual orientation, disability, age, gender identity.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to wear masks when inside.
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19