We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others. Since 1982, we have been active in more than 130 countries and continuously expand the scope of our work, which currently includes ten technical business areas and corresponding departments
In the Natural Resources Management and Environment (NRME) Department, we focus on consultancy services related to sustainable forest management, protected area and national park management, biodiversity conservation, environmental governance, climate change adaptation and mitigation as well as capacity and institutional development and good governance in the forest, natural resource and environment sector in Africa, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Join our NRME Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Junior Professional (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
We are looking for you, an enthusiastic and communicative colleague, who is willing and able to dedicate his/her abilities and networks to the different projects in our Africa portfolio to actively protect biodiversity and natural resources on different levels or manage forest landscapes in collaboration with national partners. The tasks include project management, proposal conception and writing, financial aspects of project management, etc, and of course the willingness to acquire new skills.
You work under guidance of a senior consultant with increasing responsibility in the following areas:
- Acquisition of new projects, including elaboration and coordination of technical and financial proposals in the field of natural resources and environment management to actively protect biodiversity and natural resources on all its levels;
- Management of ongoing projects (backstopping) Hamburg-based and on site (financial and technical administration, monitoring and evaluation of projects and studies with a focus on biodiversity conservation, protected area management, environmental governance (incl. marine and coastal);
- Networking with donor agencies (e.g. GIZ, KfW), beneficiaries, partner companies or institutions, subcontractors and experts;
- Conducting fact-finding and technical short-term consultancy missions;
- Elaboration of reports, concepts and presentations and contribution to knowledge and quality management.
- University degree (Master) in Nature Conservation, Tropical Ecology, Forestry, Natural Resource Economics, Geography, Environmental Sciences or related topics;
- 1 – 2 years of relevant work experience in one or more of the above mentioned fields;
- Past work experience in developing countries particular in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Full proficiency in written and spoken French and English, (C1-C2 based on Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), working knowledge of German is a must;
- First experience with German (GIZ, KfW), French (AfD) development agencies or European Union; a basic understanding of the strategies and policies of the relevant donor institutions will be an asset;
- Willingness to travel abroad and to remote areas;
- Strong concept development, writing, communication and presentation skills;
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications;
- Ability to manage complex situations with a sense of pragmatism;
- Other skills: respectful communication skills, dedicated for conservation, transdisciplinary work experience, responsible acting, pragmatism, improvisation skills, intercultural competence, stress resistance and team player.
What we offer:
We give you the possibility to grow and learn within GFA through our Junior Professional Training Program. In several and very different trainings inhouse and at well-known training institutions you will learn to work as a consultant with all necessary skills for successful and effective project management. After successful completion, we will offer you a permanent position as consultant.
We provide a future-oriented workplace in a multi-cultural environment. We lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training. Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life.
GFA is a company working along values and principles, sustainability is key on all levels. The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. Therefore, we regularly organize social events to exchange and support everybody on different levels (public transport Hamburg, child care, sports, etc.). Join our team!
Please send your complete application (cover letter, CV, work references/certificates, university diplomas)) until 30.August 2021 by e-mail to Mrs.
Heike Mainusch [email protected]