Background:Water Aid is looking for empanelling consultants for technical support in planning, designing and handholding support in construction/Retrofitting of different water and sanitation facilities (hardware) in communities and Institutions of Indore, Damoh, Dindori in Madhya Pradesh and Durg, Kanker and Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh
Timeline: Task based assignments
About WaterAid Jal Seva Charitable Foundation (JSCF) is registered in India as a not for profit company under Chapter Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 and uses the brand name ‘WaterAid India’. The Organization is member country of International Federation of WaterAid.
JSCF hereinafter referred to as WaterAid India has been working in India since 1986 to ensure that clean water, decent toilets, and good hygiene services are accessible to everyone, everywhere. With head office in Delhi and working on about 11 states, WaterAid India has a strategic position with long experience of working with Government and CSOs in the field of water and sanitation in communities and institutions in both urban and rural area.
About the Assignment
The WASH facilities created in various government sponsored schemes have various gaps in terms of quality standard and design parameters.
Indore, Damoh, Dindori in Madhya Pradesh and Durg, Kanker and Rajnandgaon in Chhattisgarh are the main field intervention area of WaterAid India for year 2021-22. WaterAid India plans to demonstrate different hardware related to water, sanitation and hygiene for communities and Institutions like Anganwadis, schools and health care facilities. The objective of these hardware is to demonstrate functional and sustainable WASH facilities which can be scaled up by the government. Some of the type of hardware are
- Drinking water facilities/Distribution system/decentralized water scheme
- Toilet facilities with safe disposal of faecal sludge
- Grey water management
- Different hardware related to water recharge/source sustainability
- Handwashing facilities
The projects implemented by Water Aid are aligned with ongoing government programme like Swachh Bharat Mission and Jal Jeevan Mission etc and the hardware created under the projects adhere to the quality standards as mandated by the government programmes.
The objective of the Assignment is to provide technical support in planning, designing and providing handholding support to the district teams in construction/ Retrofitting of different WASH facilities in communities and Institutions in the project location.
- To plan and prepare design of the hardware with estimate in consultation with WAI Field Team and relevant stakeholders. The plan and design should adhere to quality standard of WaterAid India.
- Support field team in selection/procurement of Contractor/Mason required for construction.
- To train the Contractor/Mason on planned designs and standard meant for required hardware.
- Act as the main Technical supervisor to the Contractor/Mason and supervise the construction work and other related workers and maintain precise and regular journal of work progress.
- Ensure that the construction activities are carried out according to the timelines, plans, designs and drawings and ascertain accuracy of the qualities, quantities and proportions of the construction materials are precisely maintained.
- Ensure that all materials used and works performed are in accordance with the specifications indicated in the contract/estimate/DPR document. Review and agree on the quantity, quality and cost of the materials used for construction.
- Ensure that the works timely progress in order to meet agreed deadlines by WAI without compromising quality.
- Prepare monitoring report as required/agreed upon and submit them to the WaterAid.
- Resolve any unforeseen technical difficulties and other problems that may arise in the process of the work in consultation with WaterAid IndiaTeam.
Diploma or degree in Civil / Environmental engineering.
3-5 years of work experience of directly implementing WASH hardware.
Keeping scope and responsivities in mind, no of days required would vary depending of the kind of work undertaken in the project area. Interested applicants are requested to provide the per Day rate of one’s Consultancy Fee.
In this assignment, the Consultant would represent WaterAid team and will follow all rules and regulations/protocols of WaterAid required for a Consultant. The field level community mobilization and meeting with stakeholders would be provided by WaterAid field team.
Travel and incidental expenses
Travel and incidental expenses will either be arranged directly by Water Aid or will be reimbursed as per the travel policy or contract signed with Water Aid.
Deliverables and Payment
- Day wise planned visit and Progress Report with photos and videos. The Report should have all kind of works done by the Consultant in terms of preparing plan, design, estimate, monitoring etc.
- Payment would be made at monthly basis considering the days of engagement.
The person would work under the guidance of WaterAid India Team and will report to concerned Programme Coordinator.
Job Email id: WAIP2P-Delhi(at)wateraid.org