U.S. citizens: Hydrologist
This position is located in the Unites States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Agricultural Research Service (ARS), Great Plains Agroclimate and Natural Resource Unit, in El Reno, OK.
The mission of the Great Plains Agroclimate and Natural Research Unit is to develop and deliver technologies, management strategies, and planning tools to evaluate and manage economic and environmental risks for integrated-crop-forage-livestock systems under variable climate, energy, and market conditions.
Learn more about this agency
Major Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Processing and evaluating the following hydrological and climatic data as they pertain to scientific research inquiries.
- Assisting with operational phases of custom computer programs aimed at processing hydrologic and climatic data using specified mathematical and numerical methods.
- Evaluating and improving existing soil erosion and hydrological models to simulate the impact of climate change and variation.
- Using Geographic Information System (GIS) software to improve the implementation of spatially distributed erosion and hydrological models.
- Adapting research methods to resolve unexpected issues and ensure efficient execution of complex research studies.