Senior Hydrologist Modeller
BuroHappold Cities brings together the expertise of world class engineers, economists and consultants to examine cities from a variety of angles, giving our clients a unique picture of the challenges to tackle and the assets and opportunities their city can capitalise on. Working on a diverse range of fascinating projects that cover urban development, infrastructure planning and design, resource management, and programme delivery, our Cities business unit is at the forefront of innovation in the urban environment.
The Water Group is located in two offices – Bath and London, we are now seeking a Senior Hydrology and Hydraulic Modelling leadership consultant to be based in our dynamic London office.
What will I be doing?
- Provide leadership for hydrology and hydraulic modelling.
- Develop coastal modelling capability.
- Develop other software analysis to include sedimentation transportation and water quality modelling.
- Lead projects as PM
- Assist with proposals.
- Mentor and train junior staff in modelling skills, act as Delegated Engineer to junior team members.
- Ability to communicate technical subjects.
- Lead projects and client face.
- Responsible for ensuring delivery of projects to budget and programme.
- Maintain commitment to CPD.
- Coordinating work with other members of the project team both internally and externally.
- Mobility & flexibility for occasional overseas travel.
What can I bring to the role?
- In-depth experience of modelling complex fluvial analysis
- In-depth experience of coastal modelling
- Flood risk mitigation measures
- Range of hydraulic software packages
- GIS knowledge
- CAD skills
- Project management
- Experience of training and mentoring junior staff
- Proposals and bid support
- Client facing experience
- Good presentation skills
- Good written skills
- Confident, proactive character, ability to take the lead in challenging situations with the confidence to question engineers regarding coordination of details.
- Good computer and IT skills; use of Microsoft Office software essential.
- Experience of working on a one to one basis and in team working situations.
- Willingness to learn new skills and software plus attendance of upgrade training according to industry requirements.
- Experience in managing outsourcing production would be beneficial.
- Typically 10+ years’ experience & Chartered status, ideally with Institution of Civil Engineers.
BuroHappold is proud to be a practice of a diverse range of professionals that reflects the countries in which we operate. In order to truly benefit from this diversity we must create an environment in which employees feel they can be themselves. BuroHappold actively promotes inclusivity across the practice to enable every individual to reach their full potential, feeling included is good for all of us. This begins with a fair and inclusive recruitment process which focuses on your skills, competencies and experiences in relation to the role. We understand that through collaboration, diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative and elegant solutions.