Manager (Baltic Ecoregion Programme)
The WWF Baltic Ecoregion Programme is an ambitious and highly influential partnership comprised of WWF offices and other affiliated organizations in each of the nine coastal Baltic Sea countries. The goal of the Programme is to secure “A healthy, diverse and resilient Baltic Sea, sustainably managed for the benefit of people and nature of the region.”
WWF is seeking a high calibre manager to assist the Programme Director to coordinate and help manage a diverse multi-cultural team from around the region’s national offices. Working language is predominantly English. This position offers an exciting opportunity to have a pivotal role in working to tackle the challenges facing the Baltic Sea’s catchment and marine environment.
The Manager will support the overall implementation, administration and delivery of the strategy for the Baltic Ecoregion Programme on conservation and policy issues across the region to address the marine environmental challenges of eutrophication, fisheries and ocean governance, including Marine Spatial Planning and Marine Protected Areas. The role includes building and maintaining excellent working relationships between all partners to the Programme, the WWF global network and external partners – both public and private. This also entails to help manage and coordinate the programmatic activities, communication and assist the Director to deliver on the day-to-day management of the programme. WWF is looking for a dynamic and self-motivated manager with knowledge of the Baltic Sea environmental challenges and a track record in managerial and organisational skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Competencies
* University degree or equivalent experience in conservation or natural resource/environment related field.
* At least 3-5 years programme management experience including strong knowledge of the NGO sector.
* Excellent motivation and coordination skills, experience of managing teams in large scale programmes.
* Excellent strategic planning, monitoring and organizational skills and experience setting clear goals and objectives.
* Able to demonstrate strong communication and negotiation skills for policy work, fundraising and promotion of the Baltic Programme.
* Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and an ability to communicate clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences from different backgrounds.
* Fluent in English and preferably working level of Swedish; any other Baltic language/s is an asset.
* Adherence to WWF’s values, for example: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
WWF Sweden office is located in the beautiful Castle of Ulriksdal beside the Edsviken waterway, an inlet of the Baltic Sea. You will work with competent employees in a stimulating environment where we care for our employees’ well-being and personal development. WWF is affiliated with collective agreements and adheres to the ITP plan.