WASH Consultant (Humanitarian Assistance)
Global Communities is implementing the OFDA funded Continued Recovery, Emergency Assistance & Training Engagement in Yemen (CREATE) which has a community-based rehabilitation component with most of the work being implemented using a cash-for-work methodology, with the occasional use of a contractor for more skilled tasks. All proposed WASH projects are required to submit a BOQ, including technical drawings, to be reviewed and approved by OFDA. Global Communities is seeking a WASH Consultant to support our field staff in the development and review of BOQs and to respond to any questions from OFDA.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review BOQs and technical drawings and provide technical input to the field team when needed.
- Coordinate with HQ and field teams to address WASH-related questions received from the donor.
- In close coordination with the field program staff, follow-up on WASH program activities to ensure that activities are implemented in accordance with donor-approved proposal and budget.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor to overall meet WASH program objectives.
- At least 10 years of experience in WASH Sector.
- Ability to prioritize and work to strict deadlines.
- Fluency in writing English.
- An explanation of how you fulfill the consultant profile criteria and your relevant skills/experience.
- An indication of your availability to undertake the task, and a CV with 3 references.