Water Resources Manager
[You will have to search for the position by the title once you go to the link]
With over 90,000 net acres in California's San Joaquin Valley, Wonderful Orchards is the world's largest grower of almonds, pistachios and pomegranates. Our core focus is on farming, providing us with deep expertise in every aspect of growing these crops, including all cultural aspects, pest control, irrigation technologies and specialized equipment use, all tied together with sophisticated information systems. Our team is growing and currently looking for a Water Resources Manager for farming operations in the California Central Valley.
The Water Resources Manager will report to the Water Resources Director and develop, coordinate and execute the short-term and long-term water supply and management strategies of Wonderful Orchards (WO) and other Wonderful agricultural entities (collectively, Wonderful). The Water Resources Manager interacts with various departments and management within Wonderful and with individuals in the broader water and agricultural community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop an understanding of WO's water supply assets and goals
- Develop and execute strategies to further these goals through effective communication and coordinated efforts
- Analyze various water entity supplies, rules and regulations, operations and management
- Work with internal and external resources to develop and execute strategies to address regional and local water issues in support of Wonderful, including the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
- Build and maintain working relationships with both internal and external contacts
- Support the development of water supply and infrastructure projects, including development of alternatives, completion and review of feasibility studies and business case assessment, obtaining approvals and permits, and directing consulting and contractor work
- Communicate and guide the distribution of key water information to the Wonderful team
- Conduct research, prepare written summaries and deliver verbal presentations
- Analyze and develop recommendations on annual water budgets and outlook projections
- Conduct and present research and data analysis on various water related topics
- Analyze and update Wonderful's water asset and use plan
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor degree with a related course major preferred (i.e. Business Administration, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Engineering, Water Resources) and 3+ years of experience in data, research or analysis
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office suite with heavy emphasis in Excel
- Experience reading, analyzing, interpreting and summarizing various technical and professional reports
- Experience in Tableau is favorable, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to prioritize, adapt and multi-task in a fast paced, changing environment
- Ability to execute strategies independently and as part of a larger team
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communicate skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Dependable and reliable
- Strategic thinker with tactical and detailed execution
- Be on the forefront of a growing business!
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k and bonus opportunity
- Continued training and generous Education Reimbursement Program
- Paid Sick, Vacation, Personal Hours and holiday time
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) -- allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
Why choose Wonderful?
The Wonderful Company is a successful, entrepreneurial, privately held company with healthy, iconic, authentic brands, and ethical, creative, innovative business practices. We are passionate about sustainability, social responsibility, philanthropy, and wellness -- for our employees, their communities, and consumers around the world.
- We are harvesting a better world - We use the power of business to make the world a better place.
- We nourish, naturally - We believe that what you put into your body matters. The most nutritious -- and best-tasting -- foods are those from nature.
- We play to win - Our employees set ambitious goals and meet challenges with unified purpose and unmatched energy.
- We act differently - With courage and fearlessness, we are relentless in our quest to inspire healthier. food and beverage choices. As a privately held organization, we have the freedom and the power to make quick and effective decisions.
Wonderful Orchards and The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.