Hygiene –Sanitation Supervisor
Trainings of hygiene & sanitation promoters, supervision of all activities of hygiene & sanitation promoters in schools, activity report and assistance in hiring and administrative work
· Conduct base-line, follow and end-line assessment surveys in the targeted school in which SLTS program is going be implemented.
· Train teachers, students, SMC members and Hygiene and Sanitation Promotion Staffs on Five Stare and other behavior change approaches and practically help them in the implementation of SLTS in the schools.
· Mobilize the child clubs, use IPRA tools, and promote latrine and bringing about remarkable changes in the feelings, knowledge and behaviors of the users for improved hygiene and sanitation.
· keep Regional Manager and Hygiene and Sanitation Coordinator in the Main Office informed about his visits and findings (activities progress and problems/difficulties in the site)
· Implement the innovative and creative activities to give new thrust and dimension to the program and scale it up.
· Share the lessons learnt, challenges and the mitigation measures with other schools, and CDCs through training, workshops and observation visits to avoid the risks and run the programs smoothly.
· Ensure the users’ access to WATSAN facilities in school and develop among them the sense of ownership toward use, operation and maintenance.
· Supervise/conduct School-led total sanitation activities according to SLTS guidelines and technically guide/support the SLTS facilitators on regular base for smooth running of the project.
· Prepare checklist, forms, and other monitoring tools which are using for supervision/monitoring of sanitation and hygiene program in the schools and ensure their correct using and reporting.
· Reward and recognize the communities/schools/individuals that contributed to develop their communities/settlements free from open defecation and worked as the role model in sanitation.
· Provide the Hygiene & Sanitation Promoters Couples with all necessary equipment (flip charts and other education material)
· Report performed Hygiene & Sanitation activities to Regional manager and Hygiene & Sanitation coordinator in the main office.
· Any other relevant tasks directed by Regional Manager or Hygiene and Sanitation Coordinator the in Main Office.
· Develop the capacity of teachers and School Management Committees and ensure that sanitation and MHM services are provided to girls in the targeted schools in sustainable manner
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education:University degree social science /MD degree is preferable.
Experience: At least two years of experience in relevant field (Hygiene & Sanitation).
Other qualifications’ an advantage:SLTS training, good communication skills, experience in teaching, good community work, adaptation to traditional or local community, honesty and hard worker,
Languages:The applicants should be able to speak both Pashto and Dari fluency & English is Preferred
· Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
· Eid bonus on both Eids (after the completion of three months service)
· 36 days of paid annual leave per year
· 10 days of paid sick leave per year
· 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
· 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
· 15 days of public holidays per year
Procedure for submission of applications:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to firstname.lastname@example.org or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
· Priority will be given to the local residence
· Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
· Application without Indicating the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied for in the subject line will not be considered.
· Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
· The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 05 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.