Principal Consultant/Technical Director – Water
ERM is seeking an experienced Principal Consultant/Technical Director to provide senior leadership support on water resource management and groundwater modelling related services. As a technical expert, you will contribute your leadership, client relationship, and technical consulting skills to support the growth of ERM’s business and client base, while networking with ERM’s international mining team. This is an excellent opportunity for a mining sector professional looking to advance their career by helping our global mining key clients with their water challenges.
• Support and lead on water resource management and groundwater modelling.
• Lead and deliver high quality water management solutions, under appropriate project management and peer review procedures, on schedule, within agreed budget and to client satisfaction.
• Undertake and coordinate specialist hydrogeological studies and predictive numerical groundwater modelling.
• Be able to think strategically and apply hydrogeological and hydrological principles to evaluate water related impacts and opportunities at both a local mine site and catchment scale (e.g. applying the ICMM approach to catchment management).
• Serve in roles ranging from hands-on lead technical expert to peer reviewer.
• Maintain a strong client focus, nurture business relationships and expand your client list.
• Prepare technical proposals, including development of technical scopes and cost estimates, and lead on business development with existing clients and identified leads. Maintain client relationships to support repeat business.
• Collaborate globally with other ERM practitioners and mentor consulting staff to develop their technical skill sets.
• Identify and develop projects where hydrogeological principles can be applied to help solve the environmental and sustainability challenges our clients face.
• Being adaptable in situations where data is scarce and being able to use uncertainty to help explain the value in project programs, gap filling and in communicating project risks.
• Understand and apply good data management principles to help provide technical output in a meaningful way which helps to support a non-technical understanding of our work.
• Degree qualified to MSc level (or higher) in hydrogeology (preferably); alternatively in geology, civil or mining engineering or a related field.
• Minimum of 10 years experience of water related consultancy to mining sector clients.
• High degree of technical competence with a solid grasp of the key environmental and water-related management issues within the mining sector.
• Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges.
• Solid experience building sustaining relationships with clients.
• Excellent writing, communication, presentation, strategic thinking and “people” skills.
• Recognized technical water services expert and an established reputation in the marketplace, including positive reputation with key clients and regulators in the mining sector.
• Track record of delivering high quality and innovative water management solutions to mining industry clients.