USAID Wash Project Manager
The WASH PM is responsible for overall program technical design, mobilization and implementation of the RI WASH project in Yemen, funded by USAID. The project duration is 36 months. S/he will be supervise all technical and operational aspects of project implementation in coordination with the support and program departments in Yemen and at Regional and Global level. The WASH PM will play a key role in representing RI at key cluster meetings, working groups and in meetings with the main stakeholders of the project, including government authorities. Main responsibilities include cooperation with expat consultant, national staff supervision, technical and policy leadership and program guidance and senior-level liaison with appropriate stakeholders.
Essential Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Overall management of WASH project funded by USAID: including planning, needs re-assessment ,and mobilization, financial planning and tracking, supervision of national staff, technical guidance, reporting
- Liaise with USAID on technical aspects at the initial stage of project implementation, in consultation with the Program Director and Regional Team
- Provide technical advice to the Project Team on all WASH and Environmental Health issues, build the capacity of project staff in WASH program implementation
- Provide project-level and field-level capacity in the sector for staff, communities and local government, according to the project activities
- Provide quality control of WASH interventions within the project, together with MEAL Department and WASH consultant
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluating and documenting progress of program implementation against indicators are being followed
- Inform Programs Director and Regional Team regarding activity progress and make recommendations for course correction if necessary.
- Provide overall direction focusing on program team to achieve agreed targets and long-term strategic objectives.
- Maintain effective communication with donors and other organizations and stakeholders in Yemen, for coordination and partnership opportunities.
- Participate in sector coordination groups and identify areas for coordination and collaboration.
- Foster, develop and maintain strong partnership relationships and regular contact with national and international NGOs, UN agencies, government officials, and other stakeholders working to serve as a network for obtaining and coordinating information and services to support services
- Represent RI externally in the project areas as required, including but not limited to UN/NGO/donor meetings, joint agency assessments and task force meetings in the sector
- Foster, develop and maintain partnership relationships with national partners and communities to assess the effectiveness of current projects and to identify possibilities for new projects
- Assist Program Director and Program Manager as needed
- Ensure that RI policies and procedures are adhered to adequately
- Promote positive team environment between various ethnicities and project staff.
- Facilitate dialog and group decision making where appropriate.
- Ensure mentoring and coaching for performance is undertaken for direct reports.
- Ensure staff are trained to the appropriate international standards.
- Supervise consultants or volunteers as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the WASH sector; prior work experience with INGO required.
- Experience in managing USAID grants required.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience in lead management implementing emergency response programs in a conflict setting.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or Bachelor’s degree with commensurate work experience, preferably in engineering.
- Leadership qualities, motivational skills, mentoring ability; proven experience overseeing and developing a team
- Experience of program cycle management, and experience in a complex and matrix-managed organization
- Knowledge of effective financial and budgetary controls; proven ability to manage budgets
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; fluency in Arabic an asset
- Experience living and working in a complex, high risk (dangerous) environment; demonstrated ability to live/work and maintain personal wellness and productivity in such an environment
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to detail
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation