Project Manager (India)
Splash is an international charitable organization headquartered in Seattle, WA, founded in 2007. Our mission is simple: “We clean water for kids.” Small, young and growing, Splash is in a unique position to be groundbreaking in the global health and WASH sectors, able to try new approaches to address the needs of urban kids. In ten years, we have brought and continue to ensure safe drinking water to over 400,000 children in cities around the world. In Kolkata, our mission is to provide clean water, hygiene and sanitation to every government school in the next 5 years. To learn more, please visit www.splash.org.
Our core values guide everything we do including every hiring decision we make. They are:
• People - People first. People second. People third.
• Quality - Beautiful products that function and last.
• Honesty - No drama, no surprises, no BS.
• Joy - Kids at heart, seeing potential everywhere.
• Mistakes - Make them, don’t repeat them.
Splash is seeking a Project Manager to play a key role on our team in India, with a focus on planning, managing, and tracking program tasks, milestones and budgets. The person in this role will work closely with Splash’s entire team in India as well as our local implementation partner. In addition, the Project Manager will regularly communicate and collaborate with US-based colleagues on the Programs, Finance, Development, and Operations teams.
Key responsibilities include managing project and grant activities and deadlines, planning and tracking resource allocations, and providing information and data for grant proposals and reports. The Project Manager must have a working knowledge of project management tools and methods, preferably in the international development sector. S/he will be a trusted source of information and knowledge regarding the status of program work across all aspects of our WASH programs. This position reports to the Regional Director.
- Manage project start-up, implementation and close out for significant grants; recommend process improvements as appropriate to ensure effective planning, communication, and management of program work
- Coordinate processes of creating and maintaining project workplans and other project management tools in collaboration with colleagues
- Supervise Partner Sustainability Coordinators
- Ensure adherence to technical standards and grant terms
- Ensure that post-implementation activities such as service and maintenance, monitoring and evaluation, and site visits and events are completed on time and recorded accurately
- Proactively identify risks and issues that could impact project timelines, budget, or quality; escalate as appropriate and facilitate discussions and decisions on next steps
- Serve as a champion for Splash’s emphasis on quality in all aspects of our program delivery
- Provide information for proposals and develop budgets for funding opportunities
- Review draft reports for relevance, accuracy and quality
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with local implementation partner(s)
- Participate in managing relationships with other local partners, government and other stakeholders in all phases of project design and implementation
- Build team capacity in grant management and tracking
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be established at the time of hire and reviewed at least annually.
Education, Experience, & Personal Characteristics
Qualified candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in a related field - Social Work, Public Health, Public Policy preferred. In addition, candidates must have at least 5 years of experience working in project or grant management; INGO experience preferred. This position requires working knowledge of database software programs; Salesforce experience preferred. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Bengali as well as strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Desired Attributes Include
- You exhibit absolute integrity, honesty, openness and sound judgment
- You prefer being part of a team – you enjoy collaboration and have a genuine interest in learning from others
- You are innovative and creative: you constantly seek better ways to accomplish objectives
- You have a strong ability to plan, sequence, and prioritize work
- You are an excellent communicator (even across geographically dispersed teams), with the ability to listen, communicate effectively, and build trust
- You demonstrate excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- You have a strong interest in global health and international development
- You have a deep belief in and passion for Splash’s work and the children we serve