Head of Program Operations
Head of Program Operations
- Full Time (3 year contract)
- Based in East Melbourne with excellent public transport facilities
- Attractive remuneration, plus generous salary packaging
This is a great opportunity to help transform the lives of the world’s poorest and most marginalised people by improving their access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
We are seeking a person who shares the objectives of WaterAid and has a proven ability to lead a key function within our organisation.
WaterAid is an international NGO that enables the world's poorest people to gain access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene.
WaterAid’s values are accountability, collaboration, courage, innovation, integrity and respect.
The Head of Program Operations is part of the Policy and Programs team, reporting to the Director of Policy and Programs. This is a senior role which provides strategic advice to WaterAid Australia’s Senior Management Team and has accountability for critical organisational functions.
The primary purpose of the position is to oversee grant management and associated operational systems and processes to support quality programs, and as part of the Policy and Programs team coordinate advisory, technical and operational support for the implementation of country programs and regional influencing strategies in the Asia-Pacific Region.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience, preferably in program and grant management roles with responsibilities managing donor relationships and reporting.
- Commitment to prioritising capacity building of Country Program staff and building sustainable and appropriate systems and processes based on the capacities of staff and partners.
- Proven financial management, budget development and financial reporting skills.
- Experience leading, supporting and empowering staff and working collaboratively across teams and countries.
- Understanding of ACFID Code of Conduct and DFAT’s Accreditation requirements.
- Ability to think strategically as well as engage in the complexities of operational management and work to identify solutions and improvements to ways of working.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Ability to travel 8-12 weeks a year to country programs.
- Commitment to WaterAid’s values and standards of safety of children in all our activities.
At WaterAid we support our staff by providing flexible working arrangements, additional time off over the Christmas holidays, access to an Employee Assistance Program, travel recovery days, purchase leave, great team environments and supportive leadership.
How to Apply:
Please submit an application (max. 2 pages) and CV to WAadmin@wateraid.org.au by 5pm on Monday, 17 September. The subject should read Application – Head of Program Operations.
WaterAid is a child safe organisation. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety of children and appointments are subject to appropriate background checks and screening.