We are looking for a Senior Business Advisor for a potential 3-years opportunity in Akwa-Ibom and Cross River States.
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses, and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital, and markets. Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs, and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
The potential opportunity seeks to improve sustainable water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) service delivery and water resource management in Akwa-Ibom and Cross River states in the Cross River Basin in Nigeria. This goal will be achieved through enhancing watershed protection, expanding access to safe drinking water, enabling sustainable sanitation, and building the capacity of basin authorities, operators, and private sector partners to plan and manage water resources. The interventions will improve water quantity and quality, enable good hygiene practices and enhance resilience.
Primary Purpose of Role
The Senior Business Advisor will be responsible for implementing all field activities, including support on toilet construction, increasing awareness and sustainable sales of sanitation products and engaging stakeholders at the community level. It should be understood that the tasks outlined below are the key responsibilities, but the employee will be expected to perform other tasks that are necessary within the context of the evolving needs of the project.
Project Inception Phase
- Support the project manager in the development and review of the detailed workplan for TechnoServe’s expected activities over the life of the project.
- Work with main awardee’s field team in validating the project participants and where required, mobilize project participants.
- Provide leadership to the field team during implementation of all field activities.
- Support the project manager on providing awareness of sanitation hygiene products and platforms for engagement between sanitation entrepreneurs and project communities.
- Support the project manager in developing the monthly project workplan to deliver quality implementation of all field activities on schedule.
- Ensure strict adherence to specifications during construction of the toilets and other sanitation infrastructure in accordance with global best practices and local requirements and regulations.
- Support the project manager in developing the required reports.
- Ensure that all procurement activities strictly follow TechnoServe’s procurement guidelines and policy.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning
- Work closely with the regional MEL advisor, project manager and enumerators during data collection activities to ensure accuracy, quality and delivery.
- Work with the MEL team in collecting success and human-interest stories.
Required skills and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, entrepreneurial development or related discipline.
- 5 years’ work experience, with 3 years of leading field-based WASH programs in Nigeria.
- Demonstrate understanding of the WASH in Nigeria and in particular focus states.
- Familiarity with global best practices and guidelines for environmental and social impact assessment.
- Ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders on the field.
- Strong writing skills and proven ability to develop excellent reports.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Strong interpersonal skill and ability to work as part of a team.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office package.
Application Deadline: 20th August 2021
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
We are also proud of our commitment to protecting staff, partners, and beneficiaries from abuse and exploitation and thoroughly vet all final candidates through rigorous background and reference checks.
If you have a disability that affects your ability to use our online system to apply for a position at TechnoServe please contact the Human Resources at [email protected] or call +1 202 785 4515.