- Provide specialist expertise using spatial analysis & water model simulation techniques
- Temporary full-time opportunity for three years, flexible location in NSW, regional location encouraged
- Salary relative to experience, and ranges from $ 118,863 to $128,473 + super
The Water Group is currently seeking to appoint a Senior Water Modeller to provide specialist expertise regarding hydrologic and hydraulic analysis using spatial analysis and model simulation techniques. The work you do will contribute to informing water management policy and planning in NSW.
In this role you will manage projects to plan and coordinate the investigations and analysis of hydrologic, hydraulic and spatial data sets to inform water management outcomes. As the Senior Water Modeller, you will communicate results from hydrologic and/or hydraulic models to provide advice to contribute to policy design.
You will work to tight deadlines to produce hydrologic models for investigations to inform stakeholders and clients. This is a complex area with changing technical, policy and scientific developments.
- Degree level qualifications in Engineering, Natural Resources, Environmental Science, or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following hydrologic disciplines: water resources management modelling, catchment process modelling, statistics, computer programming, application of spatial modelling remote sensing, floodplain hydraulics.
- Experience in assessing the suitability of hydrologic, hydraulic and spatial model outputs for natural resource management requirements.
For more information read the full Role Description: Senior Water Modeller
For more information hit Apply to visit the iworkfor.nsw.gov.au website.
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment’s (DPIE) vision is to create thriving environments, communities and economies for the people of New South Wales. We strive to be a high-performing, world-class public service organisation that celebrates and reflects the full diversity of the community we serve and seeks to embed Aboriginal cultural awareness and knowledge throughout the department.
The Water Group leads the NSW Government in providing confidence to communities and stakeholders with the transparent stewardship of water resources, provision of services and reforms that support sustainable and healthy environments, economies and societies across NSW
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. DPIE supports various employee affinity groups, practice flexible working, offer job share and workplace adjustments. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
If excited by the information above, we look forward to receiving your application, including a copy of your resume and cover letter expressing your interest and suitability for the role.
Applications close Tuesday 17 August 2021 at 11:55PM.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Hiring Manager via [email protected] or on 0403 026 969.
A recruitment pool may be created for ongoing and temporary opportunities of the same role or role type that may become available over the next 18 months.
Looking for more information or assistance in applying?
Our Diversity team can assist to:
- provide alternative formats to apply
- make adjustments to the recruitment process
- offer information about workplace adjustments and support networks
We encourage people with disability to apply. If you have disability and require more information on adjustments and assistance to apply, contact the Diversity team on [email protected] (please include reference number).
If you are an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander check out Our Mob on Country https://www.dpie.nsw.gov.au/premiers-priorities/our-mob-on-country to see the work we do and get assistance in applying.