Consultant, Sustainability & Climate Change, Risk Advisory (New Grad 2019 (Multiple Locations))
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
In today’s business environment, where organizations are beginning to realize the utmost importance of finding the right balance between financial, social, and environmental priorities, a carefully orchestrated Sustainability & Climate Change (S&CC) strategy is vital to long-term success. Our long established S&CC practice is looking to continually grow, innovate, and offer the best to our clients. We are looking for a versatile, motivated, and resilient Consultant who wants to be part of a successful business that is constantly setting new standards for distinction.
Sustainability & Climate Change Practice – Deloitte’s Sustainability professionals take a practical and business-focused approach to helping companies build sustainability into their strategy and operations as a way to improve and protect margins, build brand value, and enhance risk resilience with the goal of supporting business growth. We work with companies to evaluate and develop sustainable strategies that can help drive toward near-term and long-term results. Our sustainability consultants are experienced at identifying opportunities across the value chain and across industries to create potential resource-based financial value.
Examples of our S&CC solutions include:
- Strategy and Integration
- Reporting and Assurance
- Governance and Risk Intelligence
- Stakeholder Engagement and Social Impact Measurement
- Management System Design and Implementation
- Responsible Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
As a Consultant, you will be a key part of client engagement teams, with typical responsibilities including:
- Work in a collaborative team focused on delivering comprehensive solutions which include analyzing client issues, performing analysis and research, conducting workshops/interviews/walkthroughs, benchmarking, developing and communicating solutions, implementing solutions, etc.;
- Developing business cases, presentations, and strategic considerations for client initiatives;
- Fostering client relationships and play a key role in delivering services;
- Contributing to the practice development activities including proposals, industry presentations, recruitment, training, roundtables, thought leadership, and publications; and
- Pursuing a personal growth plan to stay abreast of professional and industry developments.
Successful candidates will have the following attributes:
- Graduating with an Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Environmental Science, Sustainability, Engineering, Economics, Business, or related field by September 2019;
- Strong academic results in Sustainability, Strategy, Economics, Finance, Law, Management and/or Risk Management courses;
- Complementary Certificates or Degrees (MBA, MSc, MA) in Environmental Science, Sustainability Strategy, Health & Safety (EHS) issues, Systems and Strategy is preferred;
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience preferred for consideration at the Senior Consultant level;
- Interest/experience in one or more of the following:
- Global Reporting Initiative;
- Non-Financial Performance Metrics;
- Climate Change and Carbon Risk Management,
- Green Finance and Responsible Investment
- Sustainable Supply Change,
- Sustainability, Environmental, Social And Governance (ESG)
- Risk Management; and/or
- Regulatory / Compliance Management.
- Knowledge of economic climate and:
- Sustainability issues across various industry sectors (with a particular focus in the Consumer Business, and/or Energy and Resources sector);
- Strategic Risk (enterprise, operational);
- Regulatory Compliance Risk ;
- Governance practices; and/or
- Assurance practices
- Flexibility, humility, integrity, professionalism and ability to develop client relationships;
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, that allow you to adapt to a variety of clients and industries including communicating complex technical concepts and business considerations to appropriate stakeholders (such as senior management, business and technical stakeholders);
- Demonstrated ability to develop proposals and work-plans, manage multiple priorities, and deliver commitments on time and budget;
- Bright, resilient, detail-oriented self-starter with the initiative and ability to work independently and as part of large solution teams;
- Proven ability to work in unstructured environments including the ability to develop and present new ideas as well as conceptualize new approaches and solutions;
- Ability and willingness to travel; and
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Please ensure to include the following:
- Submit your resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript in pdf file;
- Indicate your location preference:
- Ensure that institution information in your Deloitte profile is accurate and up-to-date; and
- All applications must be submitted no later than 11:59pm EST on the deadline date.
Application Deadline: September 16th, 2018, at 11:59pm EST.