Climate Change and Sustainability Consultant
Consultant - Climate Change and Sustainability
Our Assurance group is one of the most trusted, respected and influential organizations in the industry. As part of our multidisciplinary team, you will be involved in client engagements designed to enhance the credibility of client reporting , using your skills and experience to give companies, investors and regulators confidence in the credibility of corporate reporting, including integrated reports and business-critical information or processes. Groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines) within Assurance include External Audit, Climate Change and Sustainability Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services and Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services.
Join Climate Change and Sustainability Services within Assurance and you will be a member of a multidisciplinary team combining Assurance, Reporting and Sustainability competencies and experience to help clients understand and manage their sustainability strategy, systems and reporting issues – all areas of rising importance in South African business environment. .
You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime
· Resource dedicated to supporting Governance and Sustainability advisory projects
- Support projects directed to client assistance in design and execution of sustainability strategy
- and development of non-financial information systems/approaches
- Drive solutions development for governance and non-financial assurance engagements (incl.
- implementation of data analytics in the sustainability area)
- Experience/expertise in developing stakeholder engagement approach
- Governance support services
- Facilitate Sustainability Practitioner and Governance Training Workshops
Qualifications, Education and Certification
To qualify, candidates must have the following competence and experience:
- Projects to conduct qualitative and quantitative research and report on: Shared Value
- Creation; Sustainability Risk Management and Sustainable Business; Integrated Reporting; Total value and outcomes/impact measurement systems; including in the research
- environment of the top 100 JSE listed companies
- Experience of building and using data analytics for information systems to support
- sustainability risk management projects and reporting to stakeholders
- Understanding of governance disciplines as relevant to corporate strategy and corporate
- Strong project management skills and the ability to communicate on all levels in a professional environment. A sound track record of project output delivery is essential.
To qualify, candidates must have the following qualification(s):
- Master’s Degree with a focus on the Governance/Sustainability Environmental Science/Management disciplines
Who we are:
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies. And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
Please note: Preference will be given to PDI candidates.