Intertek Energy & Water Consultancy Services (part of the Intertek Group) is a leading environmental consultancy operating internationally and providing our customers with unrivalled experience and innovative solutions in the marine, coastal and river environments. We offer our employees rewarding opportunities to develop and deliver leading edge, sustainable solutions for a broad range of clients in the public and private sectors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and outgoing Consultant / Senior Consultant (depending on experience) with proven track record in offshore infrastructure permitting projects to join our well-established environment team. The successful candidate will provide technical environmental support to our impressive and growing list of offshore projects and clients in the UK and internationally.
The environment team specialises in environmental permitting, EIA / SEA and specialist environmental studies for a variety of offshore industries including oil and gas, marine renewables and offshore cables. The role will consist of leading and delivering environmental permitting projects and bids for offshore cables and O&G projects. In return for your enthusiasm in displaying the right Intertek Energies (inspirational, pioneering, emotional, engaging and winning), the role will allow the successful candidate to make their mark and advance their career.
The successful applicant will have:-
- MSc or equivalent in relevant subject with a minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Client facing experience of environmental permitting/ assessment for offshore infrastructure projects (telecom/power cables, and/or offshore wind, and/or offshore oil and gas, and/or ports and harbours).
- Demonstrable experience of managing or contributing to large, complex, multidisciplinary projects and project teams.
- Experience of tendering and business development.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
In addition, any of the following skills would be desirable:
- A technical specialism e.g. marine mammals, benthic ecology, fisheries, ornithology etc.
- Experience of regulator and/or stakeholder engagement
- Experience of international offshore EIA projects
- Managing/contributing to medium/large scale tenders
This is an excellent career opportunity to join an established marine consulting team, specialising in offshore oil & gas, marine cables and renewables, water utilities, and ports & harbours. If you are interested in this position and furthering your career with us, please send your CV and a covering email outlining your suitability and salary expectations to: .