Graduate Engineer/Scientist (Water & Environment)
We recruit the brightest and most passionate graduates. We look for those who will support our reputation for excellence, share our commitment to integrity and innovation and are responsible and responsive doers.
Our BMT team in Eastern Australia is part of the BMT Group with around 1,500 professionals located in 66 offices across Australia, Europe, Asia and the Americas. In Australia we have offices in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Melbourne and Newcastle.
We provide specialised consultancy services to a wide range of water and environment markets. Our clients include government agencies, municipal and port authorities, urban development organisations, mining companies and industry groups.
As a Graduate you can expect to:
- Contribute to a range of flooding related projects in the fields of hydrology and numerical flood modelling, floodplain management, flood forecasting with support and guidance from our existing teams
- Work with others to apply innovative and quality solutions to the problems and challenges being faced by our clients
- Gain experience across other water and environment related projects being carried out by the BMT team, including estuary, coastal and catchment management, environmental monitoring, environmental and social impact assessment and sustainability
- Create a personal professional network across Australia and with strong links to the UK, where we carry out similar water and environment projects
- Participate in an internal Graduate Development Program to foster personal and professional growth.
To be successful you will need to meet the criteria:
- be in your final year (or recently completed) a Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Environmental Science, or other relevant area of study, with excellent grades.
- be passionate about your field with a demonstrable interest in water and numerical modelling
- be ready to commence in early 2019
As our graduate positions involve both office based and field based work across a variety of sites you will be required to travel from time to time and will need to hold a valid Australian manual driver’s licence and have the right to work in Australia.
If you think you will be a great fit for BMT and are excited about this graduate opportunity please provide a written submission addressing the key criteria outlined above. Please also provide a current CV, and a copy of your academic transcript via the link on SEEK.
For further information on BMT Eastern Australia, please visit their website: www.bmt.org