Internship: Researcher (Water/Environmental Science)
About Nandita Kumar (http://nanditakumar.com/):
Nandita Kumar is a new-media artist who explores the elemental process through which human beings construct meaning from their experiences, by creating sensory narratives through the use of sound, video/ animation, and performance, or through smartphone apps, customized motherboards and solar/microwave sensors.
Nandita's interest lies in propelling the human race towards a sustainable development, which not only focuses on environmental protection but also social development. Her process envisions a desirable future state for human societies in which living conditions and resource-use continue to meet human needs without undermining the "integrity, stability and beauty" of natural biotic systems.
Nandita has shown in varied festivals and exhibitions throughout the world including ZKM, KIASMA, LACMA, REDCAT, ISEA, Je de Paume, KNMA, Film Anthology Archive NY, Rome International Film Festival, Sydney Underground, Indian Art Fair, Rome International Film festival etc.
About the Internship:
Selected intern's day-to-day responsibilities include:
1. Research through papers and build a reference document in word/excel for writing a research book for an art installation working between art and science
2. Detect patterns in data about historical, cultural influences, government planning, design, technology etc. on specific case studies which pertain to environmental science
# of Internships available: 1
Skill(s) required: MS-Word and MS-Excel (Learn MS-Excel)
Who can apply:
Only those candidates can apply who:
- are available for full time (in-office) internship
- can start the internship between 30th Aug'18 and 29th Sep'18
- are available for duration of 1 month
- have relevant skills and interests
** Women willing to start/restart their career can also apply.
- Candidates whose background lie in science, research and data analysis should apply for this position
- Candidates who have a masters degree will be preferred
Flexible work hours, Informal dress code.