Call for Interest - Youth Delegates Program
I am pleased to announce the launch of the Youth Delegates Program of the World Water Council (WWC) for 2018-2020.
Youth play an important role in impacting policy dialogues at local and global scales. The World Water Council is committed to strengthening the role of youth for water security, adaptation, and sustainability.
Young water sector professionals between 18 and 35 years of age representing organizations involved in Water and Youth development activities are invited to apply. Those interested are invited to consider the eligibility criteria and complete the application. Four delegates from different world regions who can demonstrate strong regional experience and networks will be selected. One of the candidates (who will represent African region) will be selected from the 9th World Water Forum host country - Senegal. In addition to balancing regional representation, equitable gender balance will be ensured.
The application deadline is 19 September 2018, before 24:00 CET.
Candidates selected following a transparent selection process will engage in the World Water Council’s thematic and policy Task Forces, mobilize and connect Youth from their regions to the 9th World Water Forum process, and advocate globally for the Water and Sanitation sector in line with the World Water Council’s strategic objectives.
I kindly request that you share this call with your networks.
Dr. Jean Lapegue
Chair of the Youth Delegates Task Force of the World Water Council
Alt. Governor of the World Water Council
The World Water Council (WWC) is an international multi-stakeholder platform organization. It was established in 1996 on the initiative of renowned water specialists and international organizations, in response to an increasing concern about world water issues from the global community. The World Water Council's mission is to promote awareness, build political commitment and trigger action on critical water issues at all levels, including the highest decision-making level, to facilitate the efficient conservation, protection, development, planning, management and use of water in all its dimensions on an environmentally sustainable basis for the benefit of all life on earth. By providing a platform to encourage debates and exchanges of experience, the Council aims to reach a common strategic vision on water resources and water services management amongst all stakeholders in the water community. In the process, the Council also catalyzes initiatives and activities, whose results converge toward its flagship product, the World Water Forum.
- You are between the ages of 18 and 35 years old
- You are a young professional (or secondary level student) in the Water and Sanitation sector
- You are a member of an internationally oriented organization demonstrating interest for water and youth
- You are a resident in the geographic region you are applying to represent
- You have demonstrated leadership in promoting action on water issues in your organization/communities
- You have experience and/or interest in speaking/advocating
- You have a strong command of the English language
- You are familiar with the mission and goals of the World Water Council
- You are willing and available to participate in the 9th World Water Forum in Senegal
- You will commit time to support the work of the World Water Council during the 2019 - 2021 triennium
- You are available to attend occasional international conferences and meetings.
- Application deadline: September 19th (24:00 CET)
- Interviews: 1 - 15 October
- Results: 1 - 15 November
- Presentation to the World Water Council General Assembly and Board: 30 November - 1st December Marseille (France)