Project Manager (Integrated Drought Response)
The German Red Cross (GRC) is part of a worldwide community assisting victims of conflicts and disasters and people affected by social or health related crises. The Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement provides vulnerable people with assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the Movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality. The German Red Cross assists in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects on appeals of their sister organisations within the Movement.
GRC is currently seeking a Project Manager (m/f) for an integrated drought response intervention with WASH and Multi-Purpose Cash (MPC) Transfers components.
The Project Manager supports the Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) in the implementation of a Drought Response Project. The project is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs and has a duration of 12 months (with possible extension).
The Project Manager designs, manages and consults all project components in the field of Multi-Purpose Cash (MPC) Transfers and WASH. Based in Hargeisa, Somalia the delegate is responsible for the overall management of the project in selected regions of Somaliland. The project will provide cash transfer support to beneficiaries through a mobile money transfer with local service providers, hygiene kits and conduct sessions on hygiene promotion. Some shallow wells will be rehabilitated. The Project Manager will work closely with the SRCS in ensuring efficient implementation, monitoring and reporting of the project activities according to Partner National Societies (PNS) Consortium requirements.
Duration: 15.10.2018 until 14.10.2019
General Responsibilities and Tasks
- Represent GRC in Somalia regarding this specific project vis-à-vis the SRCS, Movement partners and other stakeholders
- Strengthen relations with the SRCS in Somaliland, the Federation Secretariat, the ICRC, Partner National Societies (PNS) and other national and international organizations in the country, in relation to this project
- Represent GRC during project-specific donor/partner monitoring visits
- Promote effective team building among the project staff to promote diversity and create an enabling environment whereby team members – individually and collectively – can give their best in pursuit of the project objectives
- Ensure that the project is well planned and implemented in close cooperation with SRCS
- Provide technical advice and support to the WASH component and to the MPC component
- Together with SRCS, continuously work towards improving the implementation quality, monitoring, evaluation and reporting
- Secure the quality of narrative and financial project reports before they are submitted to the GRC HQ/ Donors
- Take full charge of the project budget and related financial reporting, in close cooperation with SRCS
- Provide on-the-job training, workshops and evaluation/lessons-learnt exercises to SRCS, in order to enhance the capacity of the national partner in developing and delivering effective and high quality integrated food security interventions
- Promote transparency in terms of follow-up actions that arise from the monitoring and quality control
- Proven experience in managing WASH and MPC Transfers projects
- Profound experience in Program Management, with a special focus on M&E
- Readiness to work in remote areas with frequent travels
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability and agreement to adhere to the Red Cross Red Crescent
- Readiness to go on assignment without partner
- Oral and written fluency in English, German is of advantage
- Ability to work effectively in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to complete a thorough medical screening process 'working abroad under specific climate and health conditions'
- Valid Driving Licence
You will be part of a highly motivated professional and multicultural team. We offer you a compensation package according to the collective employment agreement of the GRC, an expatriation allowance during your mission as well as accommodation. In addition to a full insurance package GRC is covering a home flight within a 12-months period of assignment. You will benefit from a comprehensive training package and receive briefings and coaching prior as well as during and after your mission. Medical check-ups and Psychosocial Support Service are included in your assignment.
Please indicate Ref. No. 2018-101 with your application.
Further information on our recruiting procedure can be found on our homepage
Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Team Justitiariat und Personal
- SG Personal -
Veröffentlicht am: 03.09.2018