The purpose of the BHA Team Lead position is to lead in a specific area, the BHA II program “COVID Response” which it is about providing Hygiene Messaging as well as distributing COVID NFI Kits to households and shops in the different areas in Lebanon. The program falls under the World Vision’s Lebanon (WVL) Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) department.
|% of time||Activity||End Results|
|50%||Plan and Coordinate Field ActivitiesWith the support of Project Coordinator, plan the project’s activities in order to ensure quality of World Vision’s WASH programs intervention that includes in-kind distribution of WASH NFIs and awareness sessions to vulnerable households and shops,Follow up on all necessary procurements related to the project, as well as with potential suppliers, as relevant and based on WVL procuring standards.Plan the distribution of NFI kits based on the agreed criteria of individuals and following the distribution guidelines including selection of families, notification of support, logistical preparations for the site distributions and engagement of relevant partners.Plan Hygiene Promotion and Awareness initiatives according to the context ensuring the technical and social aspects of water and sanitation programming are met, while also overseeing the implementation of this component in coordination with the BHA Project Coordinator.Ensure work is carried out as per the community needs and project standards and in close coordination with the local government representatives and partners.Set the weekly/monthly plan of all the field activities for this project.Monitor spending and track the “target achieved vs. indicators” and adjust field activities accordingly.Coordinate closely with the BHA Project Coordinator as well as different functions at the National Office to ensure regular reporting, information management, monitoring and evaluation, etc.Identify risks and put the necessary mitigation plans while engaging the needed internal colleagues.Attend and participate in capacity building trainings locally and internationally.||Timely implementation of project interventions to the target beneficiaries.Project progress is regularly and accurately reported to BHA Project Coordinator for decision making and accountabilityEnsure that spending is in line with the cost forecast.|
|20%||Establish Good Relationships with CommunityLiaise closely with the municipalities in which activities are planned to take place with proper engagement of partner and any critical stakeholders in each community.Secure necessary approvals prior to the implementation of project activities.Build and maintain healthy relationships with local actors covered in the project (shop owners, municipality staff, etc.).||Good relationships are maintained with the respective municipalitiesNecessary approvals are secured.Good relationships are established with the host community.|
|25%||Manage and Develop StaffDevelop teamwork among the project staff, ensuring a conducive working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, experiences, observations and challenges to inform project management.Review and approve daily reports submitted by BHA Project Officer and Casual Workers.Prepare monthly narrative and financial reports to the BHA Project Coordinator and WASH Program Manager.Manage performance and ensure optimization of subordinates’ potentials through coaching, on-the-job training, and capacity building.Prepare and follow up on all administrative, procurement and financial transactions related to the project in a timely manner.||Ensure that the project implementation is on track based on the implementation plan.Project progress is regularly and accurately reported to BHA Project Coordinator for decision making and accountability.|
|5%||Perform other duties as requiredAttend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational eventsResponsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security cultureReport CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines.Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security managerPerform other duties as assigned by Line Manager|
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a similar role within an NGO context
- Has strong knowledge about WASH in-kind distribution
- Previous experience in leading a team.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to build capacity of partners/ stakeholders through formal trainings and informal job shadowing and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural and difficult / sensitive contexts.
- Ability to review and write reports and review budgets.
- Ability to manage data effectively.
- Relevant experience in relief and development project implementation.
- Has strong knowledge of core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, as well as SPHERE standards.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma (WASH or Public health related fields preferred)
- Driving Licence
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous experience in distribution of NFIs
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- 50% field work, 50% office work
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.
- Good written and oral communication skills (English and Arabic)