The purpose of the BHA Project Officer position is to oversee in a specific area the BHA II program “COVID Response” which is about providing Hygiene Messaging as well as distributing COVID NFI Kits to households and shops in the different areas in Lebanon. The program falls under the World Vision’s Lebanon (WVL) Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) department.
|% of time||Activity|
|50%||Handle Project Activities ImplementationReview project schedule and coordinate the implementation of field activities with the BHA Team Lead and Project Coordinator.Carry out the distribution of hygiene items based on the defined criteria with the support of the project team and in close coordination with the relevant stakeholders and WVL internal departments.Organize the needed training for the team of casual workers in preparation to the hygiene promotion initiative and NFI Kits distributions.Carry out Hygiene promotion initiatives appropriate to the context ensuring the technical and social aspects of WASH programming are integrated with the support of the project team.Ensure work is carried out as per the community needs and project standards.Set the weekly plans of all the field activities.Track the “target achieved vs indicators” and adjust field activities accordingly while ensuring the proper documentation of means of verification, visibility and financial compliance.Support in the administration, procurement and financial operations related to the project, specifically the hygiene promotion and distribution components.Support the BHA Team Lead in the project reporting and tracking of financial expenditure.Attend and participate in capacity building trainings provided.|
|25%||Establish Good Relationships with CommunityBuild and maintain healthy relationships with local actors covered in the project (shop owners, municipality staff, etc.)Along with teams of casual workers, define the most convenient locations/distribution sites for hygiene promotion activities and distribution of NFI kits in the respective communities, taking into consideration local context and sensitivities and in alignment to the project scope, guidelines and internal safety procedures.|
|20%||Manage and Develop StaffDevelop teamwork among Casual Workers, ensuring a conducive working atmosphere is created and opportunities provided to share lessons learned, experiences, observations and challenges to inform project management.Review and approve daily reports submitted by Casual Workers.Prepare weekly progress reports to the Team Lead.|
|5%||Perform other duties as requiredAttend and participate in WVL’s spiritual nurture and other organizational eventsResponsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security cultureReport CP incidents as per the safeguarding policy guidelines.Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager perform other duties as assigned by Line Manager|
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- One year of experience in a similar role within an NGO context.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to build capacity of partners/stakeholders through formal trainings and informal job shadowing and mentoring.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural and difficult / sensitive contexts.
- Ability to write reports.
- Ability to manage data effectively.
- Has strong knowledge of core principles of Children Rights, Participation, Do No Harm, as well as SPHERE standards.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in any field of studies related to the job,
- Driving License
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Previous experience in providing behavioural change sessions and distribution of NFIs.
- Good knowledge about WaSH programs is a plus.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- 75% fieldwork, 25% office work
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis situation, including during a World Vision response to a manmade or natural disaster.