TITLE OF CONSULTANCY: INNOVATIONS CONSULTANT, UNICEF Hyderabad Field Office.
DUTY STATION: HYDERABAD.
DURATION OF CONSULTANCY: 11.5 months
CLOSING DATE: 12:00 noon; 6th August, 2021 (IST) at [email protected]
Engagement of Individual Contractor X
1. BACKGROUND / RATIONALE
UNICEF has a 70-year history of innovating for children. We believe that new approaches, partnerships, and technologies that support realizing children’s rights are critical to improving their lives. Innovation at UNICEF is about doing new things to solve problems and improve the lives of children around the world. It is about matching today’s challenges with tomorrow’s solutions. UNICEF uses technology and new approaches to do three things:
- Provide Life-saving Info and Services
- Engage Young People in Change
- Help UNICEF meet children’s needs today and tomorrow
India has the world’s largest youth population with over 300 million aged between 10 – 24 years. However, many of them lack opportunities to acquire skills and mindset required for this rapidly changing world. In this context, UNICEF India embarked on a journey to support youth and adolescents to become a force for positive social and economic change through various initiatives.
In this context, Hyderabad Field office is looking for an ‘Innovation Consultant’ to spearhead its innovation activities in the states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
2. PURPOSE OF ASSIGNMENT
The purpose of this assignment is to design and implement interventions related to Innovations in the three states of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Telangana.
- Assist states and other partners on initiating Innovations in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene and other sectors as priority component and incorporating the same in existing programs
- Provide Technical support to three states line departments dealing with WASH and other sectors in organizing workshops, seminars, competitions & other big events on innovations
- Identify organizations, corporate, societies, key line departments working on Innovations and creating working group and state level taskforce on WASH and other sectors in Innovations
4. MAJOR TASKS TO BE ACCOMPLISHED
All the tasks will be carried out under the guidance and direction of the WASH Specialist and will be essentially aimed at assisting him/her to ensure delivery of results stipulated in the Rolling Work Plan and to ensure specific tasks related to Innovations in WASH and other sectors.
Handholding support to Telangana and Karnataka in conducting School Innovation Challenge:
In collaboration with partners, government and other Innovation agencies conduct school Innovation Challenge in three states annually. Further provide technical support for developing select and feasible Innovation ideas.
Develop mentorship support system for innovative ideas developed by Children
Develop a platform for mentoring at a scale with the support of experts, mentors and other stakeholders. Initially identify few potential innovations for incubation and develop plan of actions (separately for every innovation) for incubation of these Innovations. Feasibility, timeline for preparing working model, business plan, supporting agencies for each innovation and other required supporting information, are few actions of these action plans. Finally, best 20 innovations (both WASH and other sectors) will be considered for incubation.
Develop Youth Tech Innovation Challenge and handhold Telangana government for its roll out
Youth Tech Innovation Challenge is aimed at Engineering college students to enable them to develop innovative solutions based on emerging technologies- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Block Chain Technology, Extended Reality, Hyper Automation and Internet of Things. A platform will be developed in similar lines to School Innovation Challenge, and train youth to acquire design thinking skills and use emerging technologies to find solutions to the issues they identify.
Promote Volunteerism at scale to strengthen WASH sector contributing SDG Goal 6:
Support WASH staff in Identification and roll out of partnership to work on Volunteerism, handhold support to partners in achieving outputs in terms of capacity building, monitoring, strengthening linkages with various stakeholders, developing relevant products and reporting. Partner management about tracking funds utilisation, program review and reporting as per UNICEF requirements and standards.
5. DELIVERABLES AND DEADLINES
|Sl. No.||Major Task||Deliverables||Specific delivery date/ deadline for completion of deliverable (please mention as date/no. of days/month)||Estimated travel required for completion of deliverable (please mention destination/ # of days)|
|1.||Handholding support to Telangana and Karnataka in conducting School Innovation Challenge||A. 50,000 students trained in ‘Design Thinking’ in TS &KAB. 20 Student teams received cash awards for development of their innovative ideas in TS & KA||A. 40 days in two states by 15 September 2022B. 20 days in two states by 15 September 2022 TOTAL: 60 days||A. 10 days to districts in TS&KAB. 5 days to Bengaluru|
|2.||Develop mentorship support system for innovative ideas developed by Children||A. Mentorship platform is developedB. 20 student teams developed industry ready products||A. 20 days by 31 Dec 2021B. 40 days by 30 Jun 2022 TOTAL: 60 days||A. 0 daysB. 5 days|
|3||Develop Youth Tech Innovation Challenge and handhold Telangana government for its roll out||A. Youth Tech Innovation Challenge platform is developedB. 10,000 engineering students trained in Design Thinking||A. 40 days by 31 Dec 2021B. 40 days by 30 Jun 2022 TOTAL: 80 days||A. 0 daysB. 20 days to different districts of TS|
|4||Promote Volunteerism at scale to strengthen WASH sector contributing SDG Goal 6||A. 1,000 volunteers across Telangana are actively promoting WASH behaviors||A. 50 days by 30 June 2022 TOTAL: 50 days||A. 20 days to different districts of TS|
|Grand Total||Total Consultancy days-250 (11.5 months)||Travel days- 60|
6. DUTY STATION: – Hyderabad, Telangana State
7. SUPERVISOR: – WASH Specialist, UNICEF HFO, Hyderabad.
8. OFFICIAL TRAVEL INVOLVED (ITINERARY AND DURATION) :- 5- 10 days per month to different districts across three states – Total travel days 60.
9. ESTIMATED DURATION OF CONTRACT (PART TIME / FULL TIME) :- for a period of 11.5 months)
10. QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE/ COMPETENCIES (CORE/ TECHNICAL/ FUNCTIONAL) / LANGUAGE SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THE ASSIGNMENT
- Graduate in Computer Science and other Engineering subjects, Management, Water and Sanitation and related subjects, Social Sciences and other related areas.
- Five years of working in technology sector, including social development sectors.
- Experience of working with Adolescent and WASH programs would be desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential; and Kannada/ Telugu (local language) is a desirable qualification.
- Experience of working with various government departments, UN agencies and corporates
- Should be well versed with various computer applications and emerging technologies including AIML, Block Chain, AR/VR, IoT etc.,
- Should be having own laptop, vehicle and other communication facilities
11. SELECTION PROCESS (tick one):
(A) Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) √
11.1: Technical evaluation: 80%
|(a) Educational / Professional qualification||10|
|(b) Relevant work experience||15|
|(c) Experience of working with govt./ bilateral/international/UN agencies||15|
|(d) Knowledge of computer application and emerging technologies||20|
|(e) Language and Communication skills||20|
|Total Technical Evaluation||80|
The qualifying marks for technical evaluation are 60% of the total that is 48.
11.2: Financial evaluation: 20%
13. PAYMENT SCHEDULE:- Monthly payment to consultant is made based on achievement of agreed deliverables and milestones and review of monthly reports shared by the consultant.
14. PERFORMANCE REVIEWS:- The consultant will provide self-assessment to the designated supervisor who will complete the performance evaluation.
15. APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
1) Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above. We request you to please inform us where you have seen this advertisement.
Please forward your application to [email protected] by 12 noon, 6th August, 2021 with subject line “INNOVATIONS Consultant”in following separate files:
2) Your online application should have all the attachments
- A cover letter explaining in brief the motivation for applying and how your qualification and skill-set make you suitable for this position.
- Application form (attached), CV and Personal History form (P-11), downloaded from our website at http://unicef.in/P11form.doc
- A financial proposal in PDF format indicating deliverable based fee as per template attached. Please mention your name in the file name while saving and protect it with a password
- Your application will not be considered if the application is not forwarded as per the process above.
- Please submit your online application latest by 12.00 noon Indian Standard Time, 6th August, 2021 to [email protected]
- Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
- Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.
- Please note that UNICEF does not charge any fee during any stage of the hiring process.
For any clarifications, please contact:
Supply & Procurement Section
317-A MLA Colony, Road No.12, Banjara Hills,
Email: [email protected]
|Job Email id:||hyderabad.consultants(at)unicef.org|
|Download Attachment:||Financial Bid Template for Innovations consultant.doc|
|Application Form for Innovations consultant.doc|