Strategic Consultant (Water Resource Management and Climate Change, 2 positions)
Jacobs is a global provider of technical, professional and scientific services including environmental, engineering, architecture, construction, operations and project management. Our portfolio spans industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.
About the opportunity
Opportunities exist to join our Victorian operations in strategic consulting roles in natural resources management. We have two positions available:
- 1 x strategic consulting - water resource management
- 1 x strategic consulting - climate change
In these roles you will be responsible for undertaking a range of projects with a focus on environmental water management and water policy or on climate change risk, adaptation and resilience. You will manage projects of appropriate size and complexity including managing time-frames and budgets with a strong commitment to developing and maintaining enduring relationships with a range of clients.
To be considered for this role, you will have a substantial years’ industry experience in technical delivery of water or climate change related projects. In addition, you will have:
- Demonstrated technical competence in one or more of the following areas: natural resource management; environmental program management; NRM monitoring, evaluation, reporting and improvement processes; climate change risk, vulnerability and adaptation; environmental water management; ecological risk assessments.
- Experience in collating and synthesising technical and/or multidisciplinary information and concepts, to present a strong analysis of relevant issues, not necessarily within one’s own field of expertise.
- Strong skills in clearly communicating project methods and outcomes through written reports and face to face interactions with clients and their stakeholders. Experience in facilitating stakeholder discussions and workshops.
- Demonstrated experience managing small to medium scale multi-disciplinary projects, ideally in a consulting environment.
- A bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or a related field
- An enthusiastic and dedicated approach
At Jacobs we value people. Having the right balance of diversity, career and lifestyle enables us to consistently deliver and exceed clients’ expectations.
Working alongside industry leaders, you will have the opportunity to develop your career working on key projects in an environment which encourages collaboration, knowledge sharing and innovation. To support your professional growth, Jacobs flexible working arrangements, extended leave options and a host of social, health and well-being events and initiatives will underpin our commitment to you. Rethinking how you work, our culture at Jacobs means it’s all about what you do, not where you are, which counts!
It’s a great time to join Jacobs. Achieve more with a global brand. Apply online by clicking on the link below. Please attach both a Resume as well as a Cover Letter, including a 1-page response that:
- Explains how your approach to your work meets the needs of your clients or teams.
- Describes how your key personal attributes make you good at what you do.
Please note: If you are being represented by a recruitment agency you will not be considered, to be considered you will need to apply directly to Jacobs