Job Location: Address: 1110 Washington St., Suite #310 – Phoenix, AZ 85007
Posting Details: Salary: $36,814 Min, $51,321 Mid-Pt, $65,828 Max
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This position is responsible for the processing, expediting, and approving/rejecting surface water right applications and claims. Responsible for ensuring surface water right applications and claims adhere to Department policies, rules, procedures, and State and Federal statutes and rules.
The person in this position will also research, compile, analyze, interpret, and integrate water resource management data through a variety of sources and other program areas. Responsible for participating in complex interdepartmental projects that require multi-disciplinary expertise. This includes investigating and resolving water resource management issues of a complex, sensitive, and visible nature, and preparation of reports with recommendations that may impact multiple water resource management program areas.
Additionally, this position is responsible for assisting in the development and maintenance of Department databases and in the development, maintenance, updating, imaging, and preserving of Department records.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (KSAs):
- Current concepts and practices in water resource planning and management
- Information sources, research methods, and techniques utilized in water resource management
- The behavior and occurrence of water in nature
- The historical governmental involvement with water supply, water usage, and water resource management
- Department policies and procedures; State surface water statutes, rules, and direction regarding managing the State’s water resources, including current and proposed management plans; and Federal water resource management laws and regulations
- Applying a multi-disciplinary approach to resolve complex, sensitive, and/or visible water resource management issues
- Coordinating multi-disciplinary projects impacting water resource management
- Responding clearly and effectively to oral and written inquires
- Preparing and analyzing technical and administrative reports, statements, and correspondence
- Analyzing and interpreting water resources management data
- Using a variety of software applications and databases to organize/analyze/interpret water resource management data
- Researching maps, reports, and documents and in gathering information necessary to evaluate and process applications and generate reports
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with stakeholders, including agency staff, governmental officials, the regulated community, and the public
- Analyze a situation, identify problem area, propose solutions, and assist in the implementing solutions
- Independently gather appropriate information from documents or through content knowledge experts, to support the decision making process
- Work effectively with individuals within and outside of the agency; ability to maintain a customer services orientation through interactions with clients, consultants, agency staff and others
- Handle State funds in a proper manner
This position requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
The State of Arizona provides an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
- Affordable medical, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance plans
- Top-ranked retirement and long-term disability plans
- Sick Leave
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Deferred compensation plan
- Credit union membership
- Wellness plans
- LinkedIn Learning membership
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement system (ASRS). Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment. The current contribution rate is 12.41%.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact ADWR Human Resources Office at (602) 771-8500 for assistance. Persons with disabilities may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language or an alternative format by contacting ADWR Human Resources.