GF Piping Systems is one of three divisions of GF, headquartered in Schaffhausen (Switzerland). The division is a leading supplier of piping systems made of plastics and metal. GF Piping Systems focuses on system solutions and high-quality components for the safe transport of water, chemicals, and gases and corresponding services. In over 100 countries through its own sales companies and representative offices and with more than 30 production sites in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, GF Piping Systems supports customers in the fields of utility, industry, and building technology.
In this newly created role, you will lead the development of innovative water network performance solutions addressing key challenges of today’s and future urban water systems. As part of GF Piping Systems global innovation group, you will provide technical leadership and direction to internal and external development teams to execute strategic innovation programs and implement smart technologies and visionary solutions. Be part of a challenging and future-oriented environment and lead a global team to save our most precious good on earth.
- Lead R&D teams by providing expertise (understanding, competence) in all domains of the urban water ecosystem (system and components, analytics, field devices, smart water infrastructure, etc.)
- Build an ecosystem of partners to develop new technologies and apply the GF Piping Systems solutions in the field of water network performance
- Identify and analyze relevant technology and market trends and translate requirements into innovation roadmap
- Drive R&D programs and projects to market readiness
- Manage & develop external development partners, external resources, and/or technical suppliers
- Analyze and assess technical complexity, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects
- Collaborate with management, business development, product management, digital transformation, and sales to create new solution ideas and maximize innovation portfolio performance
- A Bachelor-/Master’s degree in science or engineering ideally with a focus in a relevant discipline of the role
- At least 6 years of experience in the water sector
- Demonstrated track record of technical expertise in the industry, including international exposure and experience
- Broad understanding of the industry, business, and specifically technological challenges faced by the water industry
- Strong experience in leading innovation teams and managing people in a technical business context
- Program and financial management capabilities with demonstrable experience in the complete innovation and project life cycle, including ideation, business case development, project execution, manufacturing, and embedding solutions in industrial and municipal environments
- Excellent communication, networking, influencing, and technical translation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
We offer you a very interesting and flexible challenge in a globally operating company. Have we sparked your interest? If so, we look forward to receiving your complete online application.
For additional information please contact Mr. René Paparusso, Talent Acquisition Manager, phone +41 (0)52 631 37 86.
Recruitment agencies: Please note, for this job opening, we do accept only direct applications.
René Paparusso: +41 52 631 37 86
Georg Fischer Rohrleitungssysteme AG – Fittings, Schaffhausen