AECOM is seeking applications for the role of Hydrologist [International Expert] for an upcoming bid for a Prestigious and Large Scale Dam Rehabilitation Project in Northern states of India. AECOM’s scope of work shall be Engineering and Management Consultancy Services. We are anticipating a project duration of more than 5 years.
The Hydrologist [International Expert] would be the Nodal Expert for all matters related to Hydrology as well as
activities mentioned herein –
- Review of all Design Flood Reports of DRIP dams
- Checking all provisions and plans proposed in PSTs to address hydrological safety during rehabilitation process of all DRIP dams, including structural as well as non-structural measures,
- Need based design flood studies of any dams as per standard guidelines and manuals as well as finalization of value of flood after reservoir as well as channel routing studies.
- Assist in dam break analysis, inundation mapping as well as establishment of early flood warning system in a particular reservoir or basin/sub-basin.
- Need basis numerical modeling of sedimentation studies and profiling, support to de-siltation experts in finalization and preparation of de-silting plan of any DRIP dams, CS&QA aspects inde-siltation, early flood warning system.
- Design and conducting all short term as well as long term training courses for capacity building of DRIP IAs related to Hydrological Aspects and any other DRIP related activity assigned by Project Director DRIP, CWC, technical case studies to be presented in Annual Dam Safety Conferences, or any other international workshops/conferences through joint publication with CPMU, CWC of such technicalpapers.
- Preparation of Project Rehabilitation Reports (PRR), training of TOT for DRIP IAs to strengthen the capacity of DRIP IAsetc.
- Should have at least experience of 15 years focusing on all aspects of surface water hydrology including water assessment, flood hydrology, sedimentation, design flood reviews of existing dams, preparation of hydrological guidelines/manuals, intergrated early flood warning system, development of operation rules/curves for dams, hydrological modelling in MIKE, HEC-HMS or any other advanced modelling tool etc.
- Should have worked in at least 10 large dam projects.
Excellent English written and spoken communication.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 243492BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.