We are currently searching for an Engineer to join the Water Resources team, a part of the Civil Engineering Services group. In this position, the projects will have an emphasis on drainage, floodplain/floodway delineation, detention pond design, reservoir routing, urban drainage systems design, water supply and flood mitigation.
Position responsibilities will include:
- Working with a group of engineers in the performance of water resources, drainage, hydrology and hydraulics design related projects.
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of frequently used software such as HEC RAS, HEC HMS programs, XP-SWMM, 2D modeling, WaterGEMS etc.
- Sound technical skill especially in the area of water resources engineering.
- Good communication and organizational skills, especially technical writing.
- Working knowledge and understanding of U.S and India design codes and standards.
- Knowledge in the development of construction documents, plans & specifications.
- Related local India experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of GIS.
- Bachelors in Civil Engineering (Masters preferred with emphasis in hydrology/hydraulics, water resources or related field);
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in drainage design;
- Proficient in related software/modeling programs including HEC, XP-SWMM, 2D modeling, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer, and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the world’s most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, technology consulting, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931, our 700+ professionals work across 21 U.S. offices and five international locations.Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friendShare on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
If you don’t see a role open you’re interested in, Connect with us here to send us your resume.