Water For People is a global nonprofit working across nine countries, bringing together communities, local entrepreneurs, and governments to build and maintain water and sanitation services that will last. We have a sustainable solution to end the global water and sanitation crisis, and our employees across the world help drive this solution.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Program Learning and Communications Assistant is a temporary three-month assignment, with opportunity to extend. This position supports programmatic learning and documentation across the organization, focusing mostly on editing, project management, and process management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Lead content and editorial review of all program documentation (including program learning pieces, newsletter content review, human interest stories; track status, coordinate internal sharing, identify opportunities for sharing on website and with key partners, identify translation needs, support branding review
- Support preparation and participation in strategic conferences, including task management, logistical support, and editorial review of abstracts, presentations, and materials
- Support teams in using the Program Learning Library, a knowledge management platform for programmatic documentation
- Support preparation and follow-up of key programmatic workshops (Forever Workshops and Reflection Sessions)
- Support the programmatic webpage (the WASH Room); coordinate processes for external resource library
- Coordinate training and support opportunities for programmatic Equity & Inclusion efforts
- Coordination of research opportunities and prioritization
- Liaise with the Marketing and Communications team to support external dissemination of program work
- Support review of MEL framework
- General GP Support as needed
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in international development, public health, economics or a related field; Will consider a student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in International Development or similar, with an awareness of water and sanitation challenges in low – and middle – income countries.
- 1+ years of experience in International Development
- Experience working in the WASH sector preferred
- Experience working and/or living in a low-income country or disadvantaged communities
- Strong Writer, Editor, and Communicator
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- Experience using data to identify trends and tell stories
- Microsoft Suite of tools (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc)
- Spanish Fluency
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to work remotely and depending on location ability to work from an office setting when restrictions allow.
- This position can be based out of the Denver headquarters office or another global office in one of the 9 countries we are located in.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
Contact and Further Information:
If you are both qualified and Water For People interests you, please apply with your resume and cover letter to this position. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.
For earliest consideration submit your application by Monday August 2nd.
This is a non-exempt, part time position.
Salary Range: $20.00 / hour if based in Denver and equivalent market rate if based in one of our global offices.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Water For People cannot provide immigration sponsorship for this position.
Water For People is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to creating a culture of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in our workplace. Water for people strives to create and maintain alevel of diversity that reflects the communities we serve. Achieving this—regardless of race, ethnicity, ancestry, tribal affiliation, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, veteran status, disability,socioeconomic class, educational attainment, or other social identities is critical to our ability to have a world where every person has access to reliable and safe water and sanitation services.
Our commitment ensures that we:
- Have a different array of thinking that comes from diverse backgrounds and cultures, enabling us to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
- Strive for a culture of inclusion and belonging by treating each other with dignity, respect, and appreciation enabling us to feel welcome, supported, and valued.
- Effectively connect, communicate, and build long-lasting relationships with stakeholders within our diverse communities.
- Have diversity of thought, perspectives, backgrounds, identities, and talents that will support our mission to develop high-quality drinking water and sanitation services are available to Everyone Forever.