Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Under the Asia Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation (ALME) IDIQ contract, USAID/Regional Development Mission for Asia (RDMA) has engaged Social Impact under a Task Order Service Request to conduct an environmental project mapping for the Mekong Environment Portfolio, and organize and facilitate a co-creation workshop to develop the Activity Description for the SERVIR-Mekong II Activity. USAID/RDMA aims to award the new SERVIR-Mekong II Activity by the end of July 2022. The workshop will provide RDMA, the potential implementing partner, and key stakeholders an opportunity to have extensive discussions focused on key challenges, implementation approaches and strategies, limitations and success factors, management issues, etc. The workshop will also provide RDMA and the IP with opportunities to collect key information to inform the development of the full Activity Description. Through the SERVIR-Mekong II activity, RDMA and ADPC will work with regional institutions to apply geospatial data to environmental decision-making in the Mekong region. USAID/RDMA has thus requested Social Impact (SI) to design, organize, and facilitate a series of co-creation workshops to help the implementing partner develop a full activity description, as well as provide follow-up for the participants as needed.
SI is seeking an Environmental Specialist and Workshop Coordinator to work with the Lead Facilitator and Co-Facilitator for this activity. The Environmental Specialist and Workshop Coordinator must have a track record of participating in the facilitation of similar projects and activities with multi-disciplinary participants. This is a part-time consulting position with a period of performance from August 2021 through August 2022, with most of the work being performed from August 2021 through December 2021.
- Collaborate with the Lead Facilitator and Co-Facilitator, SI, and RDMA to design an approach/methodology for the workshop and develop a detailed agenda.
- Take notes based on stakeholder discussions in workshops (and other meetings before and after the workshops) virtually based on the workshop objectives and outputs.
- Assist the Lead Facilitator in coordinating the day-to-day activities of the workshop.
- Work with the Lead Facilitator and Co-Facilitator and SI staff to arrange appropriate virtual meeting platform(s) using an interactive and peer-to-peer approach for the workshops, with the option to use presentations as needed.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of deliverables, mainly the quality and distribution of workshop reports and notes.
- Contribute to the research and reporting for the program mapping activity.
- Contribute to team organization, scheduling, and liaising with the RDMA staff regarding technical aspects of the assignment.
- Advice on environmental related topics as relevant to the workshops and stakeholder meetings and for recommendations in the report.
- Assist in preparing materials, documents, and plans for the learning sessions and workshops prior to the workshops.
- Master’s degree and at least three years of experience in an environmental discipline.
- Prior experience in strategy development and assisting facilitation of workshops and/or co-creation activities.
- Previous work with USAID or USG strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge on environmental sectors in the Mekong region.
- Experience with stakeholder mapping exercises.
- Co-creation support experience in the Asian context preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, writing, and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English, particularly in speaking and writing, is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.