South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all six continents, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As an Intern, you will support the implementation of international and American projects, the preparation of proposals and the development of new products for the corporate sector. This involves a variety of tasks, such as research, information analysis and contributing to deliverables and proposals on agriculture supply chain strategies and water stewardship.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist with proposal/deliverable preparation and completion for the corporate sector on agriculture supply chain strategies and water stewardship including both technical and administrative requirements, for our international and American clients.
- Contribute to the implementation of consultancy mandates, by conducting tasks such as development and organisation of workshops and stakeholder consultations.
- Support with the development and improvement of specialised skills, tools and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Support business development through desktop research and drafting materials to be shared with possible clients and partners.
- Topics of engagement may include sustainability and corporate supply chain risks with particular focus on climate, water and forests in agricultural supply chains.
- Recently graduated or about to graduate from university in Environmental Sciences, Agronomy, Environmental Engineering or related disciplines.
- Ability to conduct research tasks and analyse and summarise data.
- Good writing skills, with the ability to contribute to high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables).
- Good communication and collaboration skills with clients, team members and other relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written skills in English.
- Analytical skills and mindset.
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word.
- Diligent, reliable and proactive.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment.
- Good prioritisation and time management skills.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.