YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE TO ENDING WORLD HUNGER BY …
becoming a member of the Action Against Hunger-USA Technical Services and Innovation team, Senior Technical Advisors offer the organization deep knowledge in essential technical areas in the battle to end hunger. In the organization, they are recognized as one of the top-level experts in his/her/their area of focus. They are sought out by internal and external colleagues as the person who knows or knows where to find the answers to some of the most challenging technical questions. If no answer exists, they are inspired to seek out an answer. Senior Technical Advisors are guiding voices in advancing an impact-driven workforce unified in the pursuit to end hunger. Not only do Senior Technical Advisors hold a deep field based technical knowledge, but they also foster a cohesive approach to addressing key drivers of hunger: social injustice, climate change, conflict, and poverty.
KEY ACTIVITIES IN YOUR ROLE WILL INCLUDE
Senior Technical Advisors are driven by three forward looking values:
- Promote an impact-driven organization. The incumbent can translate his/her/their deep technical expertise into an integrated response and expands our focus and combats underlying causes of hunger, connects with diverse partners, and mobilizes the public for lasting change.
- Fuel the knowledge transfer essential for innovation and evidence-generations. Thru engagement with the Knowledge and Innovation Hub (based in Nairobi) the incumbent will ensure transference of effective and innovative global approaches to the field and conversely field based knowledge generated from the field are spotlighted on the global stage.
- Develop creative, successful new funding programs and in turn, communicate these successes in various external settings. Cultivating, securing and retaining institutional and individual donors is a top priority for this role. USG is considered the top priority institutional donor. These advisors bring professionals together, streamline efficiencies, and mainstream research and evidence-generation as part of a successful resource mobilization strategy.
Senior Technical Advisors are exceptional communicators. They are effective in inspiring donors and staff to achieve a world without hunger, now – to act sooner than later. Every advisor is a strategic thinker, deeply versed in technical leadership and sought out for his/her/their contributions. These advisors, with colleagues, drive us towards a comprehensive, evidence-based, scalable approach which embraces local, community-led, inclusive change.
The position reports directly to the Director, Technical Services and Innovation.
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH)
Specifically, the main responsibilities of the WASH Senior Technical Advisor are to provide technical leadership and guidance to WASH approaches and interventions by:
- Contributing, from a WASH perspective, to the end of hunger.
- Maximizing impact
- Leading resource mobilization efforts
- Design and lead organizational learning by integrating innovative approaches and applied best WASH practices
- Support knowledge transfer from the field to a global level, and from the global level to the field
- Bridge knowledge and capacity building efforts across the organization
Purpose: Provides provide global leadership and strategic direction for Action Against Hunger in WASH. Leads and provides the highest level of WASH expert analytic and advisory services based on state-of-the-art knowledge.
Engagement: Promotes a multisectoral approach to tackle undernutrition and synergies with other sectors of interventions. Collaborates with technical experts. Engages with and coordinates on strategic initiatives and working groups for WASH across the Action Against Hunger network. Represent Action Against Hunger.
Delivery: Sets the WASH strategy, policies, position papers, proposals, guidance and tools as part of a wholistic approach to the root causes of hunger.
DO YOU MEET THE PROFILE REQUIRED CRITERIA?
We seek candidates with a minimum Post-Graduate degree (Master’s Degree or higher preferred) in Engineering, Water, Sanitation, & Hygiene, Public Health, Climate, Social Science or related field. Equivalent experience is considered. A minimum of 10 years previous work in programs overseas with an international humanitarian and/or developmental organization is required. Successful candidates will demonstrate experience including but not limited to setting WASH strategic technical direction, bringing innovative programming to scale, and leading WASH related program development.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender-identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. ACF-USA complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.