ZOA is an International NGO which offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA operates in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region, and Asia. ZOA originates from The Netherlands and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
ZOA is looking for a
An exciting opportunity exists for a highly motivated, independent, and experienced project manager to work with ZOA in Sudan. ZOA Sudan and its partners currently implement a diverse portfolio of large scale agriculture, integrated water resource management and education projects across the Darfur and Gederaf States of Sudan. ZOA Sudan is one of the larger INGOs operating in the country.
ZOA Sudan’s key donors include DFID (UKAid), ECHO, The EU Delegation to Sudan, OFDA, and UNICEF.
ZOA is looking for candidates who are able to provide hands-on management support to the field staff in the design, implementation, and monitoring of the projects.
The Programme Manager is responsible for the integral management of a ZOA programme and reports to the Country Director of Sudan.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- Overall Management of a ZOA program/projects in Sudan
- Membership of the ZOA Sudan Management Team and contribution to national planning
- Formulation and implementation of the Programme Plan
- Master Degree in Livelihoods, Agriculture, Rural Development or related area
- At least five years field experience in a development country having a background in integrated rural development, water, or food security and agriculture
- Supervisory / management experience in a similar post
- Good spoken and written command of English
- Previous experiences of working through a partnership or consortium approach is greatly valued
- Previous experience in managing DFID, OFDA and ECHO projects is a distinct advantage
Skills and Attitude
- Command of operations
- Organisational sensitivity
- Planning and organizing
- Participative leadership
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Interpersonal and cross cultural sensitivity
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines
- Able to work in a sometimes fluid and insecure environment
- Duty station is in Darfur, Sudan (location tbd)
- This is NOT a family or accompanied post
- R&R conditions apply for these posts
ZOA offers a challenging job, within an inspiring and motivated team in the programme country. ZOA provides for good benefits and remuneration. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com.
Do you need more information?
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mrs. Charity van Bemmel HR Officer, email [email protected].
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the application below.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. A written test may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
- Application deadline
- Aug 29, 2016 23:59
- More information
- For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.zoa-international.com.