POSITION TITLE: Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Water & Wastewater Division
LOCATION: Saipan, Northern Marianas Islands, USA
ANNUAL SALARY: $40,084.00 to $54,113.00 per annum, Exempt
POSITION(S): Two (2)
The incumbent will be under the direct supervision of the Chief Engineer or his/her designee. Position is assigned to both routine and simple water and sewer facilities and projects.
- To perform field measurements for distance, elevation, flows, pressures and other elements related to water and sewer system designs, including configuration of water/sewer facilities, utilizing surveying equipment and GIS system.
- Design size and length of water mains, capacity (pumping rate and head) of booster stations, size, slope, and distance of sewer gravity mains and force mains, size, pumping capacity, and liquid level control of Lift stations.
- Design drawings to portray facilities to be constructed based on completed design and specification preparation for water systems and water sources, transmission and distribution pipelines and storage tank, including wastewater systems and facilities sewer lines, sewer pumping stations and treatment plants.
- Writes reports for engineering feasibility analysis, evaluations, such as water and wastewater flow, well production, water loss, electrical consumption, system hydraulics.
- Prepare scopes of work for a variety of A&E consultant services related to existing and proposed water and sewer systems; Analysis of water system operation performance by pressure zone.
- Operations support such as review of operating mode and system configuration, water leaks detection, repairs and recovery of water loss.
- Ensure proper installation and monitoring of pilot control system using supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA).
- Effects repairs to multiple emergency power generators for the wastewater lift stations;
- Responsible for overseeing the engineering aspect of the water and wastewater system operations modifications, maintenance and repairs.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering and four years of related
Knowledge of: Engineering principles and practices; mathematical, pumping and hydraulics, and wastewater conveyance and treatment concepts; project management principles; construction techniques; safe work practices; applicable Federal, State, and/or Local laws, rules, and regulations.
Skills in: Interpreting and applying Federal, State, and/or Local laws, rules, and regulations; reading, understanding, and preparing drawings for construction contracts; preparing a variety of technical reports and/or documentation; presenting technical information to management, public groups, and other related individuals; interpreting and preparing specifications; estimating construction costs; conducting studies. Able to use computers and related software applications; communicate, interact with co-workers, supervisor, contractors, representatives of other agencies and departments, and the general public to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction; use AutoCAD to prepare plans for utility projects and contracts is a plus. Registration as an Engineer-In-Training in the CNMI, Guam, or any State of the United States is preferred but not required. Applicants licensed as a Professional Engineer in the CNMI, Guam, or any State of the United States is encouraged to apply.
Valid CNMI Driver’s License with appropriate class.
- Physical Demands:
Occasional lifting of objects; Subject to standing, walking sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling.
All applicants may be tested and all applicants are subject to pre-employment drug test.
How to Apply: Submit a completed CUC Employment Application, resume, and applicable supporting documents to the CUC Human Resources office located on the 3rd Floor of the Joeten Dandan Building on Saipan, Monday through Friday 7:30 am – 4:30 pm (Except Legal Holidays). Applicants on the island of Tinian and Rota may submit their documents to their respective CUC Administration office. Application, resume and supporting documents can also be e-mailed to: [email protected]