Evaluation Team Leader (USAID/Albania Final Evaluation of the Water Supply and Sewage Association of Albania (SHUKALB))
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is responding to a request for a task order to perform a final evaluation for the USAID Albania Water Supply and Sewage Association of Albania (SHUKALB). The evaluation will provide USAID guidance for strategic decision-making on current and future programming.
SI is seeking a short-term local evaluation team leader to lead the evaluation. They will be responsible for the overall implementation of evaluation, ensuring that all expected tasks and deliverables are achieved on time and are of high quality. They will report to Social Impact’s headquarters and will work closely with the evaluation specialist and sector expert. Work is expected to take place remotely, and with fieldwork in Albania.
- Design and conduct the final evaluation of SHUKALB.
- Supervise and lead the evaluation team.
- Direct the evaluation design and work plan development and oversee the data collection and data synthesis efforts.
- Draft, finalize and present the interim/final evaluation report to USAID/Albania.
- Advanced degree in a related field required.
- At least ten years of progressively responsible experience conducting evaluations in the water and sewage sector, or a related field.
- Superior data collection, analysis and synthesis skills.
- Knowledge of public services of water supply and waste water management in the western Balkans preferred.
- Demonstrated skills in evaluation research design, including quantitative methods, experimental and quasi experimental design, and qualitative methods.
- Experience in evaluation methodology, design, and implementation, including innovative, state-of-the-art research designs, participatory evaluation and cost-effective evaluation methods is preferred.
- Superior report writing and presentation skills.
- Fluency in English is required; working proficiency in Albanian is a plus.