As a federal company, GIZ supports the Federal Government in achieving its goals in international cooperation for sustainable development.
- Job-ID: V000046572
- Location: Bonn
- Assignment period: 10/15/2021 – 04/14/2022
- Field: Trainees
- Type of employment: full- or part-time
- Application deadline: 09/01/2021
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is implementing the Global Project (GV) Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The project is the German contribution to the international initiative Water and Energy for Food (WE4F) Grand Challenge.
The aim of the project is to promote innovations throughout the food value chain that ensure the production of more and better food with less resources (energy/water). Thus, the project concentrates on five fields of action: strengthening the skills and capacities of the selected innovators, skills development for end users and multipliers, improving access to suitable financing, improving political and sectoral framework conditions, and strengthening exchange among specialists at the regional and global levels.
The GIZ WE4F Steering Unit in Bonn is looking for an intern to support in general WE4F project management and technical advisory on innovations with a strong focus on water solutions for resilient food systems.
Project and Stakeholder Management:
- Support of general project management related to BMZ/EU mandate
- Support in managing internal work processes and internal communication
- Participation in the conceptualization, preparation and follow-up of events (conferences, meetings, collaborations, etc.)
- Support in logistical tasks, global capacity development and communication activities
- Support in stakeholder management (e.g. donors, internal/external partners, partner organizations, Nexus-related networks)
- Support in assessing the technical and economic viability of water solutions for more climate-friendly and more resilient food systems (especially in the field of small-scale farmer-led water (irrigation) solutions and water management).
- Support in the conceptual design and implementation of capacity development measures in the Water, Energy and Food context, including the development of advisory tools and guidelines.
- Support in the conceptual design and dissemination of knowledge products.
- Preparation of background papers, presentation materials
During your internship you will gain an insight into the day-to-day business of a global project of GIZ and the International Initiative Water and Energy for Food (WE4F)
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, climate sciences/engineering with a strong focus on water in agriculture or any other relevant field.
- Practical experience in irrigation agriculture and/or agricultural water management, ideally also in the African context.
- Good knowledge on agriculture, water and/or energy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (at least C1) and good skills in German (at least B2).
- Confidence in writing texts (German/English) and in preparing topics conceptually for different target groups (general public, political management level, experts, etc.).
- Enjoy working in teams and in an intercultural organization.
- Quick comprehension and stress resilience, pro-activeness.
- Interest in development cooperation is a prerequisite and international experiences in countries of the Global South is desirable.
- Good knowledge of French (B2) is desirable.
- Proficient usage of MS-Office programs (particularly Power Point, Excel, MS Teams).
GIZ is a signatory of the Diversity Charter. Recognition, appreciation and inclusion of diversity in the company are important to us. All employees shall be valued – regardless of gender and gender identity, nationality, ethnic origin, religion or belief, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Please be informed that you are only allowed to apply for this internship, if you are currently enrolled as a student or graduated not longer than six months ago from the start of your internship.
We pay a monthly stipend of €1.652,- (gross).
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
For further information, please contact Mr. Breuer ([email protected]).