Starting salary is $4,025 to $4,897, (depending on qualifications), plus benefits. See reverse side for more information.
The individual in this position will focus on resource management for the Joint Water Commission (which is managed by the City of Hillsboro). Strong candidates will have a mixed skill set that includes the recognizing trends in data, presenting technical information to a range of audiences including the public, and collaborating with a variety of people. Strong Microsoft Excel and writing skills will be necessary. This position tracks and reports water availability, treatment plant production, and customer demands. Additionally, this position supports the source water (watershed) protection program through supporting special projects and fostering partnerships.
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide technical assistance related to City water resource programs and projects.
|Examples of Essential Work:|
|This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Provides technical support and assistance in the planning, development and implementation of water quality monitoring and conservation programs and water resource projects.
• Assists in the development and presentation of public education materials and training.
• Collects and monitors sample collections and related equipment maintenance; provides updates on test results.
• Gathers, researches and analyzes data; prepares documentation, maps, drawings, estimates, reports, plans and correspondence.
• Assists in developing and updating databases for tracking and forecasting water demands and laboratory results.
• Responds to public information requests, inquiries and complaints; researches records and documents and provides information.
• Develops, presents and/or assists in developing and presenting public education materials and outreach programs.
• Manage records and information in any format, in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations and City policy, guidance and records retention schedule.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
|Acceptable Experience and Training:|
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
CITY OF HILLSBORO’S CORE VALUES:
Employees are also expected to promote a positive work environment and to be effective and collaborative team members, while providing responsive municipal services to the citizens of the City of Hillsboro.
ADA AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Incumbents may be subjected to travel and environmental conditions.