The Department of Water, Atmosphere and Environment, Institute of Soil Physics and Rural Water Management is currently seeking a Postgraduate Research Associate (project employment).
Extent of employment: 30 hours per week
Duration of employment: 1st of November 2021, limited to 31st of October 2024
Workplace: 1190 Vienna, Muthgasse 18
Gross monthly salary and pay grade in terms of collective agreement for university staff (payable 14 times per year): B1, € 2.228,60
The tasks are integrated in the ACRP Project “Soil erosion in Austria – from mean to extreme (EROS-A)”. The candidate should work within the project and do a doctoral degree at the University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna. The project will be conducted in close cooperation with the Federal Agency for Water Management (Petzenkirchen) and international cooperation partners.
For the subproject at BOKU the following specific tasks have to be fulfilled by the PhD-student:
- Statistical analyses of Austrian raingauges
- Calculation of soil erosion rates using numerical simulation models
- Development of a new approach to estimated daily erosion rates
- Publication of results in scientific journals
- Presentation of results at conferences
- Writing a doctoral thesis is desired
Required skills and qualifications
- Diploma degree in Water Management and Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Agricultural Sciences or other equivalent university degree
- Good skills in statistical data analysis
- Knowledge in using soil erosion models
- Knowledge in soil physics
- Willingness to travel
Desirable skills and qualifications
- Basic knowledge in agricultural sciences
- Interest in transdisciplinary research questions
- Motivation, ability to work in a team and independently
- Driving license
University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna seeks to increase the number of its female faculty and staff members. Therefore qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. In case of equal qualification, female candidates will be given preference unless reasons specific to an individual male candidate tilt the balance in his favour.
People with disabilities and appropriate qualifications are specifically encouraged to apply.
Please send your job application incl.
- motivation letter
- Bachelor and master certificates
- Summary of master thesis
- Names of two referees
as a single PDF-file (< 5 MB) to Personnel department, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Peter-Jordan-Straße 70, 1190 Vienna; E-Mail: [email protected]. (Reference code: 155)
We regret that we cannot reimburse applicants travel and lodging expenses incurred as part of the selection and hiring process.
Web site for additional job details