Ministry of Rural Development
Cambodia Sustainable Landscape and Ecotourism Project (CSLEP)
Request for Expressions of Interest
National Rural Water Supply and Sanitation Engineering Consultant
(12 months over 48 months)The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has obtained financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the cost of the Cambodia Sustainable Landscape and Ecotourism Project for rehabilitation and up-grade of Rural Roads in Cambodia. The Ministry of Rural Development is the implementing agency for component 2 of the CSLEP and intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments for goods, works, related services and consulting services to be procured under this project. The Project Development Objective (PDO) for the Cambodia Sustainable Landscape and Ecotourism Project is to improving climate resilient rural road connectivity in selected provinces. A detailed description of the project can be found in the Project Appraisal Document and Development Grant Agreement.
The Specialist will support MRD in managing meaningful community engagement and mobilization support during project implementation to ensure more localized approaches through the project investments. In doing so, the Specialist must work in close consultation and cooperation with MRD and PDRD staff, and other consultants hired under the project under separate Terms of Reference (TORs).
Minimum Key Qualifications:
- At least a Bachelor degree in Civil, sanitation or water supply or other relevant disciplines
- A minimum of 3 years of practical and relevant professional experience in rural water supply and sanitation construction.
- Demonstrated experience with large scale national projects covering several provinces which were funded by international donor agencies;
- Working experience with the Ministry of Rural Development or Ministry of Public Works and Transport are preferable.
- Proficient in both written and oral communication in Khmer, with good knowledge of written and spoken EnglishContract Duration: The National Financial Consultant is contracted for 12 months over 48 months from the contract start date.
The Ministry of Rural Development invites expressions of interest from qualified and experienced candidates to undertake the above mentioned services which are further detailed in the Terms of Reference for the assignments. The National Financial Consultant will be selected in accordance with the World Bank’s Consultant Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits and Grants by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011, revised July 2014.
In submitting their expressions of interest, Candidates must provide their updated curriculum vitaes, indicating professional skills, academic qualifications, and experience in similar assignments, along with the names of at least three (3) referees with contact information (e-mail address, telephone or fax numbers).
Interested candidates can request for the detailed Terms of Reference (in English) for the assignment from the address below during office hours from 8:00 to 12:00 and from 13:30 to 17:30 hours, Monday through Friday, except the government public holidays.
Expressions of interests must be submitted to the address below no later than August 13, 2021 (before 17:30 hours):
Mr. Bun Kheang
Cambodia Sustainable Landscape and Ecotourism Project
3th Floor, Ministry of Rural Development
Russian Federation Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Email: [email protected]