Inter Aide has been working in Mozambique since 2004. Two Water, Hygiene and Sanitation (WASH) programs are currently implemented in the districts of Memba (since 2008) and Monapo (since 2020). In parallel, two community health programs are underway in these same districts. A program to develop water point maintenance services (artisan-repairers and spare parts dealers) is also underway in four districts of the region: Memba, Monapo, Nacala-a-Velha and Mossuril.
The objective of the Memba EHA program is to reduce the spread of diarrheal diseases. It is based on four main axes:
- Training of rural communities in good hygiene and sanitation practices;
- Improving access to sanitation for families: construction of family latrines;
- Improving access to drinking water for rural communities: construction of protected water points (boreholes and protected wells);
- Capacity building of community and institutional structures to support families and ensure the follow-up and maintenance of the built structures.
The maintenance services of the water points, developed at the regional level within the framework of a specific project, complete these actions.
The current challenge is to continue to carry out and improve actions in new rural communities that are still underserved, as well as to perpetuate those previously carried out. The needs in water and sanitation in the Memba district are still important, but it is necessary to consider a progressive change of area in the medium term (after more than 10 years of intervention in this district).
Inter Aide is looking for an experienced person to take over from the current WASH program manager, who will leave in August 2021.
MISSION OF THE PROGRAM MANAGER
The Program Manager will be based in Memba (a small isolated coastal town in Nampula Province) and will travel frequently (sometimes for several days) in the intervention area, as well as occasionally in Nacala Porto and Nampula. He/she will be responsible for the coordination and supervision of all project activities and of his/her team.
His/her main tasks will be the following:
- Supervision of the implementation and improvement of the EHA program strategy (short and medium term);
- Monitoring and continuous evaluation of the EHA program: improvement of data collection and analysis tools: mapping, realizations, surveys;
- Training, technical supervision and management of the EHA team (approximately 20 people);
- Collaboration and complementarity of actions with other Inter Aide programs in the area, in particular the health program in Memba and the water point maintenance program;
- Collaboration and involvement of local authorities (public water services and traditional authorities), as well as other sectoral actors in the area;
- Conducting the administrative procedures necessary for the proper functioning of the program;
- Monitoring and improving internal procedures and logistical aspects of the program;
- Financial management of the program: budgets, fund requests, accounting;
- Operational and financial reporting to the Area Managers and the Finance Manager, based in France;
- Capitalization on acquired experience.
- Higher education (postgraduate) in a relevant field (hydraulics, hydrogeology, civil engineering)
- Previous experience in developing countries required, preferably in a development project
- Solid experience in team management (ability to make and communicate decisions)
- Animation, training and diplomacy skills
- Methodological rigor, teaching skills, patience, tenacity
- Resistance to isolation and pressure
- Great autonomy in work and a strong taste for the field
- Fluency in Portuguese preferred
- Driving license
- VSI status for 24 months, renewable
- Monthly allowance of 1270€ net + field allowance
- Full social security coverage + repatriation insurance
- 1 return air ticket at the beginning and end of the mission + 1 annual return air ticket
- Possibility to leave as a couple
Position to be filled from August 2021
Please send your application (LM + CV), under reference EHA/MOZ/2021 to [email protected]
Applications will be selected as they are received.
Applications with CVs longer than two pages will not be processed.
For more information :