About the job
PROGRAMME ASSOCIATE SOUTHEAST ASIA
Title: Programme Associate Southeast Asia
Duty station: Philippines
Location of work: Remote
Start date: 16 August 2021 or 1 September 2021
End date: 31 December 2021
Reports to: Director Operations
Occupational rate: 100%
About the Toilet Board Coalition – Established in 2015, the Toilet Board Coalition (TBC) is a business-led partnership platform with the goal to accelerate the transition to the Sanitation Economy. Our ambition is to transform sanitation systems from unaffordable public costs into robust marketplaces of sustainable business value.
The TBC is facilitating private sector engagement; large company – small company partnerships; and public- private collaboration to contribute to the achievement of Sustainable Development Goal 6 – universal access to water and sanitation. The members of the Toilet Board Coalition believe that accelerating the Sanitation Economy will deliver significant benefits to business and society.
We run a business Accelerator, the world’s first accelerator programme dedicated to Sanitation Economy business solutions that are smart, circular, and resilient to address the unmet sanitation needs of the world’s most vulnerable. In its sixth year now, the program has supported 45 companies across 12 countries, across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
PURPOSE & SCOPE
The Toilet Board Coalition is growing its team in the Philippines and looking for an individual based in Manila, who is hands-on and passionate about working with entrepreneurs, research and data analytics and growing the sanitation business ecosystem in Southeast Asia. This individual will join the Toilet Board Coalition team initially on a short term contract but with the opportunity to build it into a long-term role. This individual will support our Accelerator participants, projects and community engagement in Southeast Asia.
The initial project will involve working with a select group of sanitation service providers from the Toilet Board Coalition network to gather primary data on their and their customers experiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. The methods of data collection will be primarily through video and oral interviews with the business’ leaders and teams. This data will be analysed and supplemented by our pre-existing library of data and insights around business models in this space to frame clear and actionable approaches moving forward.
The lessons learned will then be integrated into a wider report to design future more resilient models for urban service delivery in informal settlements in Asia and the Pacific. The programme associate will work closely with our team to ensure crisp coordination and a compelling product.
- Desk review of TBC network to gather first level insights from sanitation businesses in Asia serving informal settlements throughout the pandemic: specifically drawing out experiences related to payment schedules, customer and supplier relationships, technological advances and dependencies, water kiosks and pre-paid water, handwashing, health information and any special pandemic context arrangements that were made.
- Simultaneously identify priority primary data needs to complement the wider report.
- Conduct priority primary data gathering through select businesses through surveys, focus group discussions and workshops.
- Compile and analyse incoming primary data alongside Accelerator portfolio data and insights.
- Compile findings and recommendations into concise case studies according to provided publication guidelines and preferences for inclusion into a broader piece of work.
TBC offers an exciting and an agile work environment, global exposure and competitive remuneration.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 2-3 years’ experience in project management
- Experience in research, data collection & analytics
- Familiarity with sanitation sector business models is preferred.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree.
- Fluency in written and spoken English, love of writing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and sound business judgment to identify issues and present creative and practical solutions.
- Ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feedback and new ideas.
- Excellent presentation skills.